23 May 2012

First Impression: Gakkatsu

In my preview, I said I wasn't a fan of the art. From the poster it looks too much like a western cartoon than an anime and I don't like that. However, lets not judge the book by it's cover. After all, I did end up enjoying Sengoku Collection, didn't I?

Don't be fooled
(c) pixiv id 2034219

Chiho Takachiho is the class president of some random class that discussed random thingy after school. I don't have any idea what Gakkatsu means but I hope it means utter randomness because that was this show is all about. In this first episode, Chiho discussed that bump thingy you found on your wrist. She was annoyed that she doesn't know what it was called (I didn't know either). A brainy kid solved that by providing the answer: Ulnar Styloid process. Chiho rejected it because it sounds so terrible and after voting democratically, they decided to call it Miss Bumpsies.

Like I said, utter randomness.

Well, at least the art and animation wasn't as bad as Double J though it wasn't any better. Because this show is only 5 minutes long per episode, people won't find it difficult to dedicate their time to watch some annoying megane girl discussing anything of her fancies.

I wasn't sure whether I will watch this or not but it wasn't as shitty as I thought it would be. There's still hope for this show yet.

art & animation 5/10
story 4/10
character 5/10
sound 5/10
enjoyment 4/10
overall 4.6/10


3 comments:

Oh yeah I remember that deep discussion about that bump :P It is much easier to call it miss bumpsies don't you think? lol

I've watched 3 episodes since I wrote this first impression post and it sure gets better. Miss bumpsies sounds like little ponies running on a rainbow. I'm fine with that!

Yes, megane!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...