21 October 2010

Anime: Winter 2010/11

Just three weeks into Fall season, Scamp already came up with the Winter chart. In fact, the first version of his chart was out even before the Fall season started.

Now, let see what anime are we going to have for the cold winter days, although it is always sunny where I am, with a little bit of monsoon in between.


  • The story of Fractale sounds so corny but since it is produced by the A1-Pictures Inc, I'm gonna check it out nonetheless.
  • I haven't completed the first season of Kimi no Todoke but the announcement that they are having a second season might be the motivation that I need to pick up this show again. I know I kinda enjoy the first episode. Now, why did I dropped this? =\
  • I am unsure of Gosick. It has potential what's with murder and mystery theme. This will depends on the male protagonist.
  • I'm saying YES to Beelzebub! Must see and follow for Winter 2010/11.
  • Wondering Son is another show that has such a weaksauce story line. I bet this is a shoujo so I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like it much.
  • I wonder when will Japan get tired with the theme of a girl popping out of nowhere in front of one particular male boy (who usually is a weak tard), if they ever will. I don't think I will bother with Merry Dream Eater.
  • I am so gonna watch Mitsudomoe season 2. It was one of the few shows of Summer 2010 that I thoroughly enjoyed and has little to complain about.
  • I have seen Madhouse's Iron Man and I wasn't impressed. I don't think I'm gonna be impressed with Wolverine either. American comic character should stay and made in America.
  • What's with all these magical and powerful theme? I have the feeling that Is this a Zombie? will not impressed me either.
  • Fuck, another shoujo theme anime. Dragon Crisis doesn't sound original at all. Skip? YES.
  • Infinite Stratos is a sibling to Strike Witches but with pantsu and mecha. Not interested with the story line at all. Sounds gay.
  • Oh god harem. Starry Sky has similar story to Seitokai Yakuindomo but with reversed gender swap. This one has so much potential to phailed. But looking at the artwork from the chart, it looks pretty. I will check this out then.
  • Haiyoru! Nyarlko: Remember My Love (Craft-Sensei)... I don't even know where to begin *facepalm*
  • I can tell that Rio - Rainbow Gate!- will turn out to be ecchi. The obvious cleavage is a dead give away. I'm not interested with the Panchiko Goddess.
  • I might check out Cardfight!! Vanguard if only to satisfy my curiosity on the collaboration.

Jeebus, looking at the line up, I can already tell than it's going to be a boring season. Only two anime that I look forward to? What the fuck happened? Have they hit the wall and can't came up with anything worthy anymore?

Oh wait, they make it up with the OVAs.

  • Goulart Knights looks to be quite decent if based on the artwork. I'm a sucker for pretty art and smooth animation.
  • Unlike with Wolverine, I am actually looking forward to see Madhouse's Supernatural. So much potential. I hope they don't butchered the protagonist and made them look like a pimp like they did with Tony Stark >>
  • ZOMG Kara no Kyoukai Shusho? If anything, this OVA might just be the savior for the mediocre line-up. Fuck, now I'm excited!
  • I am interested in checking out Koisento as well. Looks like a silly love story. LOL I'm a sucker for romance but why can't I stand shoujo? O_o

I have learned that my expectation usually turned out not quite as I expected it. For example, most of the priority anime I set up for Fall season disappoint me. I ended up enjoying something that I considered shit. I guess at the end, it all comes down to entertainment value.

But compared to what we have last Winter, it is below the par.

7 comments:

Here, have a supernatural trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4tc8Do5wQA&feature=player_embedded
Even though I don't know much about the show, it looks mighty fine to me. ^_^

Whoa... holy shit. That was awesome O_o

Wow. None of the winter season anime look very interesting.

I might check out "Wandering Son" because I really like the manga, even if it does have time-related issues (which will be fixed in the anime, thank goodness). It deals with gender issues in children in a very realistic, yet sensitive way.

Other than that, this looks like a yawnfest. Good thing I don't really watch much anime anyway.

So my initial thoughts about Wandering Son is completely off then?

I might actually am grateful if this turned out to be such a borefest. I can used the time to catch up on anime that has been in my on-hold list since forever.

So early... I see KimiTodo. ^ ^

That depends on what you think of that sort of story line. (And if you don't mind crossdressing/traps.)

Its not really very shoujo, especially since it doesn't really deal much with the typical shoujo-style love. (MangaFox classifies it as seinen.) That's largely why I like it. It's more of a coming-of-age and identity tale.

Here's the manga. Its good, though it can sometimes be a bit confusing. (The author isn't good at showing the passage of time or specifying who is talking in some scenes.)
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hourou_musuko/

Traps? Crossdressing? Why don't you said so earlier! LOL

Thanks for the link. I can't afford to read any new manga nowadays though T_T

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...