10 October 2010

First Impression: Iron Man

(c) kinggainer

The only reason I'm checking this out is because it was produced by Madhouse Studios. I'm not a fan of Iron Man first and foremost. I think American super heroes are superficial. I do however think that Robert Downey Jr. is irresistible in the live action movies.

For this show, Tony Stark is retiring as Iron Man but he did build up Dio, a prototype of Iron Man which will be driven by chosen pilots. Tony Stark went to Japan for the reactor project he started. He was happy because in Japan, supposedly his project won't be manipulated and used for military purposes. Heh, think again Tony.

During an air show, his Dio was hijacked. The same thing happened when the pilot tested it out. I know something like this would happened. It was all too predictable. Obviously Tony will have to be the Iron Man again and save the bloody day. Looks like he also has to fight some other robots that looks like it came from the Alien/Predators movies while the bad guy stole the Dio.

From the OP I know I am going to have some beef with Madhouse in particular the 3D Iron Man. What more, the 3D is not limited to Iron Man only, but is used for all the transportation in this show. Why can't they just stick to 2D. That would really makes a difference in term of my enjoyment with this show. I mean, it's not like they can't do it, but they just took the easy way out. The character designs too kinda phailed to attract me. It is typical Madhouse characters and although I know what to expect it still kinda disappoint me. Maybe I was expecting Gwyneth Paltrow.

Speaking of characters, why the hell does Tony Stark looks like a gay pimp, is a question I want to ask Madhouse. What have they done to him? This is injustice. Oh well, at least they got the attitude slightly right. Dr. Tanaka looks like the typical I'm a professor cum doctor chic and I need to be serious at all time. The reporter Nanami was kinda over the top with the whole get up. I think Madhouse was trying too hard to distinguished these characters.

I can't really say much about the seiyuus. I don't know any of them but they did a pretty decent job with their characters. The OP is likeable because it is instrumental. There's no bullshit about it. Same goes for the ED. It fits the show.

Hmm, I wish I can say that I really enjoy this show but it kinda fall shorts of my expectation. I only enjoyed the part where I search for Iron Man fanart and found that picture above ^^

art & animation 6/10
story 6/10
character 5/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 5/10
overall 5.5/10

5 comments:

I think American super heroes are superficial.

How do you figure? Marvel superheroes are pretty awesome, but DC is the best brand of superheroes in the world. I mean Batman, Green Lantern, nuff said.

It just irony, is all. America always stick it nose in other countries' businesses in the name of justice when in fact they have their own hidden agenda.

I never really like any of the superheroes except maybe for X-Men.

O_O
ummm...nice find...for iron boobies...yeah...

No need to thank me XD

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...