13 August 2010

Anime: Fall 2010

The Summer anime is halfway through. Time to check out what's new next season.

Chartfag has came up with the usual update for Fall season anime. Unfortunately, it is in Japanese. Since I phailed at Japanese, even after consuming the amount of anime/manga because they are not really the source to learn Japanese, I can only wonder what the titles for the anime are. I can name a few because I recognized the character from manga or previous season anime like Bakuman and Letter Bee 2.

However thanks to Scamp, the problem is solved. He has done the English translated version, chartfag style, so that it would be easier for us consumer to consume. Consistency is important after all. Thank you Scamp!


First lets take a look at the OVAs. There are a couple in particular that got my attention and they are Mirai Nikki and Yozakura Quartet. Mirai Nikki because I used to read the manga and Yozakura Quartet because I like watching the anime. I would probably look out for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun as well just because I am a fan of Misaka.

Lets move on to the episodic anime. I'm gonna divide it into few categories for my own amusement, whether or not I'm good with predicting shit.

Top priorities of the season:

  • Togainu no Chi: I'm watching this for two reasons. The first reason is that I love the manga. So good for my taste bud! I can let my imagination run wilds with this one. The other reason is because this anime is produced by A1-Pictures. They have only phailed me once with Sora no Woto. Basically this studio has good statistic in my book. Hmm, this reminds me that I need to write a post about my favorite anime studio.
yummy >=3
(c) pd-x

  • Psychic Detective Yakumo: a hot looking psychic with different eye color that can see ghost and shit? I'm sold! Besides, it looks different. Different is good.
  • Bakuman: I have stopped reading the manga because I can't handle the romance but hell yes I'm looking forward to see the anime!
  • Tegami Bachi 2/Letter Bee 2: For one reason and one reason only and that is Gauche! Enough said.
(c) dr
  • A Certain Magical Index 2: I'm hoping to see more Misaka and Accelerator.
The one in between which mean that either I will like it or gonna dropped it after several try. I am selecting these anime from the synopsis provided by Scamp.
  • My Little Sister can't be this cute!: It has something to do with otaku so it is bound to be funny. But if they butchered this, a lot of people (read:otaku) is going to rage.
  • Ironman: Needless to say that this should be very interesting indeed.
  • Kuragahime: Another show about otaku but that does not intrigue me as must as the word fujoshi that was mentioned in the synopsis ^_^
  • Arakawa Under the Bridge 2: I have yet to finish the first season. I kinda just lost interest with it halfway through. Maybe this will be a good motivation for me to complete it.
  • Hyakka Ryoran Samurai Girls: The high possibility of girls kicking manly ass is the only reason why I think I'm gonna like this just fine. Unless of course the ecchi-ness ruins it for me.
  • Hakuouki 2: I'm way behind with the first season but I am getting there so definitely gonna catch this one up as well.
  • Yosuga no Sora: Twincest alert!!
  • Invasion! Ika Musume: I need to watch something that counter-balance the reason why I watch Yosuga no Sora and Ika Musume is appropriate for that. It's about the environment! :P
  • MM!: a masochist? Sounds exciting!
  • The World God Only Knows: Eroge = ecchi. I would have not bother with this but my husband Glo The Fucking Legend clearly stated that he is looking forward to this shit so that automatically make this anime an instant OK for me.
The shit. These are the one that I don't give a crap about because of two main reasons. It is nothing that I have not seen before.
  • Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru: yeah, like we need another maid-based anime. Ecchi and idiotic.
  • Fortune Arterial: Weak story line. Idiotic even.
  • Motte To-Love-Ru: Ecchi. Didn't bother with the other season, so I'm not gonna bother with this one either.
  • Sora no Otoshimono:Forte: Looks like yuri. Possible ecchi
  • Tantei Opera Milky Home: For children only and I am definitely no children. Idiotic
  • Battle Spirits: Brave: Kids in America trading cards. Yeah... idiotic at its best.
  • Even Moar Pokemon!: I've had enough of Pokemon. I have moved on. Idiotic.
  • Agriculture Musume: Too cute for my taste and weak story line. Idiotic.
  • Super Robot Wars: The Inspector: Err yeah... whatever >_>

Then again, I probably will look forward to everything that they have in this chart. I will try to watch at least an episode of every anime just to satisfy my curiosity expect for the few that is already on my NO list.

5 comments:

AHHHH! To aru majutsu no index, a Railgun OVA, AND arakawa! XD
I'm quite excited.

I am bookmarking your blog- you have the same idea of the Fall season that I do, how rare.

Yeah I'm excited about Index as well. I was hoping we are going to have the new season of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu though. But alas...

I hope we get that for winter as well as Working!! second season. That would make me so stoke!

@twirble, I dunno who you are but hi nonetheless. Is it exactly the same? Our ideas? Or just some of it?

Index for sure... The rest I'm not even going to bother to try to figure out. My expected watch list is always vastly different from my actual watch list in the end anyways.

Index, Togainu no Chi and Tegami Bachi are the definite one for me.

The number of anime keeps on decreasing over the years. Back in 2008, there were 48 shows for Fall. Last year it was 40. We only get 30 anime this year with only 20 that are watchable. Yet I find it hard to keep up.

I remember following all 48 shows in 2008. Ah the glory days of yesteryears

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...