29 December 2009

Anime of the decade

I know, everyone is making their list... So will I just to remind myself how satisfactory the decade has been in term of me being an animetard. Without further ado, here they are:

OVAs of the decade


Mnemosyne is one of the two OVA that got stuck in my head. The action and slight bloodfest made me a fan of it, not to mention the story that at first confuses me but gradually grows on me as the end gets near.


Detroit Metal City should be in everyone's list if they don't want to be fucked by Krauser. One of the most funneh anime ever made. This one is a fucking gem.

Movies of the decade


Spirited Away was the first movie of Hayao Miyazaki that I've seen and it totally blows me away. It made me a fan of Miyazaki so it deserved this spot here.


Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo or popularly known as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I watched it for the romance and lemme tell you that the romance was celestial.


Kara no Kyoukai. All seven of them. These movies have everything: bloodfest, romance, drama, suspense, horror, supernatural, action and more bloodfest. All the things that I like in one movie. Whats not to love?

Anime of the decade


duhh! This anime can cure AIDS! Don't believe me? Ask Glo. But seriously, Gintama is the funniest shit EVER! Didn't they said the best medicine there is is laughter? Well, it maybe for the poor and penniless but that is besides the point. The point is this anime r0xx0r so hard you would be addicted to it like you will to whatever drugs you are taking. Or caffeine because you know, drugs is bad for you. You don't want to be dead because of it otherwise you can't watch Gintama that can cure pretty much anything that you are suffering from, except the idiot symptom. That has no cure.

But why the fuck am I rambling. Just agree with me on this one.

And that's it. That concludes my anime of the decade list. Why only Gintama? I have already made a list of my top ten anime. Since we are talking about anime of the decade, none can rival Gintama.

9 comments:

Kara no Kyoukai? Bloodfest? Added to list.

This is pretty much completely right. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Spirited Away were really really really really awesome and great.

Gintama rules, but so far my "marathon of the series" is up to 5 episodes over the course of the past 3 or 6 months (I can't stay focused).

Detroit Metal City was awesome, and the manga IS awesome.

Wait... you haven't seen KnK yet? Wha... O_o

Of the ones in your list, I only managed to watch Spirited Away and it was very original with great storyline and animation.

"Detroit Metal City should be in everyone's list if they don't want to be fucked by Krauser"
So now the question is... do YOU want to be farked by Krauser? :p

Hmm... Ok.
I think I should cancel my comment above. Cause I just remembered that Krauser wasn't on your top candidate waifu list.

My comment above was suppose to... you know. Imply that you love Krauser for his epicness, etc.

My bad.. Lol. blur.... -.-"

*chuckles* I get what you mean, blur. no worries. LOL. Krauser is not in my list because you know... he doesn't need to be to.. *cough*

@LEon, you obviously need to watch more anime XD

the only stuff i haven't watch [ and enjoyed ] from your list is gintama, well the number of episodes literally scares me away :D

those who haven't watched DMC yet should be thrown to the deepest pit of hell, jack-sama says so :E

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Any list without DMC can go to hell.

While my list is probably different, I can definitely agree with the above anime. Kara no Kyoukai, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, Spirited Away are all among the top anime ever. Having seen Mnemosyne though... adding that to my watchlist.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...