19 October 2011

First Impression: Last Exile ~Fam, The Silver Wing~

Last Exile is in my anime show with potential list for this Fall and since I'm late a few days, I have seen how the aniblogsphere absolutely been raving for this show. A good sign indeed. The time has cometh for me to see what the hype is all about.


It takes a while for the story makes sense to me since I have not watched the original (thouggh I bought the DVD many moons ago Orz) but I really don't mind that much because the show is brilliant with the pacing. Fam is one of the Sky Pirates who always seek to hit the First Harpoon. According to the rules, whoever hits the target first will have the right to decide on how to proceed with the assault of taking over the target ships. On the day where Turan Kingdom is supposed to sign a peace treaty with Ades Federation, Fam and her Sky Pirates crew become a hero when they save the two princess of Turan from the Ades Federation who betrays them as they declared war upon Turan Kingdom.

Ah why do bad guys look so delicious? I wanna tap Hafez's ass so badly.

I love the fact that this show isn't just about Fam, but how they come up with strategies to catch those Skyships. It definitely gets me caught up in the moment and I find myself just as excited as Fam's ship crew when she sends out that signal flares. I wanna be a Sky Pirate too!

Needless to say I am very impressed with the animation, and not just with the 3D aircraft. I'm absolutely sold. Hand it over to Gonzo for flying airships. Maybe it's my double standard for the studio, but I am pretty surprised to see Gonzo coming up with something that is fresh. All those places in the show are believable and nicely done. They are definitely serious this time after since their comeback with Nyanpire: The Animation. Gone are the day of Blassreiter heh.

I have seen some very great improvement in female protagonists this season. I usually has absolutely no love for them because they are either stupid, moe or stupid. But things have changed for the better. They are more capable of taking care of themselves with an attitude, looks and intelligence that should make Paris Hilton envious. Just in this show alone, I'm awestruck by both Fam, Dio and Sophia. I'm loving it.

This show has no fault as of yet, probably because i haven' seen the original so I'm less critical about it. Last Exile definitely moves up a rank in my list. Now it's a much watch.

For all of those who are in Asia, you can watch Last Exile ~Fam, The Silver Wing~ same day as Japan on Animax starting October 15, every Saturday at 8pm! You can learn more about it here: http://www.animax-asia.com/shows/lastexile. Since I learned that they are showing this in 3D in Japan, I am excited to watch it on Animax and try it out because I have a specialized 3D TV! Thank you, technology ^__^

art & animation 10/10
story 10/10
characters 10/10
sound 10/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 10/10

2 comments:

P.S. Sophia herself hasn't actually appeared yet in this episode, though she was name-dropped by Dio. That fact alone does mean that she (and by extension, Anatoray) has a part to play in the war between Ades and Turan.

Ah crap, I must have messed up the name. I was actually referring to the elder princess of Turan. I should paid more attention but this is me, i'm usually just terribad at remembering the name of female characters.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...