06 October 2011

First Impression: Kimi to Boku

Finally, anime that I really want to watch for the season. *cracks knuckles*

(c) Ono

Kimi to Boku is about a group of four guys who have been friends since kindergarten. There is Kaname Tsukahara, who is like the mother of the group who keeps fussing over everything. Next is Shun Matsuoka, the meek and most considerate guy in that group. I wish he will cut his hair anytime soon though. And then there is the twin, Yuuki and Yuuta Asaba who loves making Kaname's life miserable.

Yuuki, more so than other characters, is the one that I can relate to the most. He has this "I don't give a fuck" attitude but at the same time he is just great at whatever that he does. I'm not saying that I'm great but nearly there XD

hot dayyum!

I couldn't take my eyes off from this show. I like the fact that they do not fake anything and do not try to be pretentious with the story. It is so simply yet so brilliantly done. I freaking love it! Kimi to Boku took me back to my school years. Those were one of the good times in my life. *reminiscing*

Just like Ano Hana managed to resonate with me, Kimi to Boku does a good job in doing the same thing as well. I think my life as a high school kid was so damn colorful not because of the school or the education that I got, but because of the friends that I made regardless the fact that most of them were school delinquents. I was one of the most troublesome female students. Girls hated me. My attitude towards teacher sucks, I didn't give a damn about school, skipping class every other day. Teachers didn't know how to react. Even though I have disciplinary issues, I was one of the top students and my grades were excellent. I remember studying Chemistry on my own because I was banned from the class. At that time, all I can think of was, as long as I have my friends, it should be fine and I was right. I was lucky though that I have that kind of freedom from my parent. Though sometimes they disapproved of my choice of friends (they would have wished that I made friends with girls instead), they trusted me to make the right choice when it's concerning my future. I am happy to say that those school delinquents that I hang out with, are now very successful indeed. They are doing way better and making more money than the students from my class (I was from the top Science class). I guess what I am saying is, your education does not defines you as a person. Live a little. Find yourself some fun friends to be with.

Heh, look at me rambling. This what great show does to me. Needless to say, J.C. Staff did a great job with this one. This sort of reminds me of Honey & Clover since it deals with friendship as well. Though I know that changes are imminent, I think these guys will embrace that changes and make the best of it. I am looking forward to see more greatness of Kimi to Boku.

This one is taking the lead for the Fall season with Working'!! now fall to second place. I am definitely tempted to read the manga now.

art & animation 10/10
story 10/10
characters 10/10
sound 10/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 10/10

ps: and those cats!

edit: I later found out that I might the only one thinking that this anime is great LMAO ^___^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...