07 October 2011

First Impression: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

I heard a lot of shit about this one and I have no doubt that this will turn out as shitty as I have predicted in my Fall preview. However, knowing that Tomokazu Sugita is part of the cast makes me feel oblige to check this out. I wonder why does he has smaller roles nowadays. I miss him having a grand character that fits his awesomeness.

(c) Tori

I was almost fooled when I heard the song sang by a girl at the beginning of the episode. I must admit that it was sang beautifully. Thank goodness they showed us the face of the male protagonist. He looks like a retard. In fact, all characters look like a retard from up front. Apparently they don't have a nose >_>

After watching the first episode of Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon or Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (the title itself is full of shit), I seriously has no idea what the story is about. They don't care to explain anything to us like Fate/Zero did but instead they decided to introduce us with the characters using a training method where the student must defeat the teacher to pass whatever class they are in. I assumed it's a training for becoming a soldier kind of thing since at the end of that training they have to fight a demon (yes, apparently they decided to put everything into this show).

It seems like these people being oppressed and the only freedom they have is when they are still a student since Musashi (the city they are in now) is an exile. These students have some sort of summon weapon, or a power boost for their weapon. Again, I can't be sure. There are also some mecha flying.

There is definitely too much visual to digest T___T

I can't say this show is ecchi but damn it that sounds of bouncing boobs are really distracting and annoying. Other than that, I'm fine with the whole ridiculous size of melon pans. The characters of the show are definitely a diversity. We have a naked man with bat ears running around, a robot, a heterochromia, a blonde girl who has a b0nar as a summon weapon, a juggernaut, an indian, a fatty, a talking red blob whose name is Renji, giga drill breaker, some dude with ninja skills, lesbians and of course our usual suspects of good for nothing male protagonist who-has-nothing-going-on-for-him-yet-he-is-a-pervert-who-gets-to-fuck-all-the-girls-and-be-a-hero, his quiet counterpart and few others. If nothing else, it is actually entertaining to see that many characters interacting with each other as they want to take down that nimble teacher of theirs. The fact that the Aoi Toori is a fucking retard who fondle his teacher's breasts without shame is kinda fun (and annoying at the same time because of that damn censorship!) because he's a total tool.

Well, in the end, I guess this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's still shitty with that overly dramatic story that it has in store for us. Perhaps they can balance it out with the diverse characters. Who knows, right though I doubt it?

arts & animation 6/10
story 4/10
characters 7/10
sound 7/10
enjoyment 6/10
overall 6/10

2 comments:

I have never had any interest in this....in fact, anything that Jun Fukuyama is in just seems to turn me the wrong way. Idk why, because he's a pretty good seiyu.

I like him when he's serious as shit. When he's not... like in this one, he's kinda annoying.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...