04 October 2011

First Impression: Hunter X Hunter (2011)

Another shounen that I'm pretty sure will be one of many backlogs that I have, like Fairy Tail, Beelzebub and Bleach. Either way, since I did promise Daniel that I will pick this up, here I am trying to fulfill that promise of mine, even if it only just one episode. lol why am I saying things as if I already give up on it?

(c) Mogmahiru

I shouldn't, really since of all the production studio, Madhouse actually picked this up. Although they suck at those Marvel adaptations, they are quite good at bringing horror to life. That is what they excel at in my opinion (the only reason I mentioned horror is because Daniel will never recommend me something that do not contain at least an ounce of horror).

But then again, with shounen, the level of horror would have been meek and judging from the character designs, I shouldn't expect this show to blow my socks off. It kinda feel too childish for me, and since I'm 30, maybe this show is a little bit too young for me too.

Oh well, who the fuck cares.

Hunter X Hunter (2011) is about hope, reaching dream of the unknown. Those who strive for it are called Hunters and one of them is our young protagonist Gon. Their mission is to hunt down all sorts of retarded monsters to achieve... whatever they want to achieve. But first they have to pass the Hunter Exam.

Though I think Gon is the most annoying 12 years old kid I have ever seen, there are other characters like Leorio that pique my interest and without me realizing it, I was actually enjoying the entire episode of this seemingly cliche story of adventure and dreams.

arts & animation 5/10
story 7/10
characters 6/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 6.4/10

p/s: That annoying green suit that Gon is wearing... how the fuck can anyone let that shit got away? Urgh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...