21 October 2011

First Impression: Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai

The OVA (or episode 0) failed to impress me but here I am hoping that the TV series would be better. After all Glo only has high praises for this one *cross fingers*.

This episode has better explanation of how these social awkward people get together and since I get to know their back story, they appear less irritating. For example, I can see why Kodaka is in that club. His appearance is definitely questionable but strangely, if there is a person I like him at my school, based on appearance alone, I would definitely be attracted to him which probably explains why he gets a harem of his own.

(c) Buriki

I am not going to re-introduce the characters for the show simply because you can pretty much tell what their personalities are going to be based on their appearance. I guess it's pretty shallow like that but I will stick to my fav female for the show: Yozora. I mean, I talk to my imaginary friend all the time. I can't help it. I'm a Pisces after all. But of course my version of Tomo-chan would be male. I will introduce him to my real friends if I think they can get along well. Heh.

The conversation Kodaka has with Yozora kinda runs deep. I am picky when it comes to chosing and be friends with someone. If s/he cannot carry a conversation with me than s/he will only remains as my acquaintance, and nothing more. I will keep my distance and I don't give a fuck if s/he thinks I'm a stuck up selfish bitch because I am. There is no point in faking it in my opinion. But if I do consider you as a friend, I will go through hell and back for your sake. Because of this I am not good at making new friends and I rather have few friends that I can rely on that 100 of fake bitches who just pretend to be my friends.

Hmm, maybe this is the reason why I am so pro-Yozora. I can see myself in her. Just like Yozora, I feel the same way about Sena. She can just go die. Also, I just remember. No wonder she looks familiar. I saw her nendoroid a couple of months ago where I have no clue of who she is and yet she made it into my wish list. That speaks a lot, doesn't it? ^_^


Anyway, it is from this conversation that Yoroza gets the idea to start a club for those who specially seeking of making friends and just like Kyon, Kodaka kind of gets dragged into joining the club.

Comparing the OVA and this first episode, I really like what AIC Build has done with the animation this time around and I think Hisashi Saitou does a good job with the directing because the way some of the scenes play out play a big part in depicting emotions of the show. I'm impressed.

So the TV series of Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai is definitely way better than the OVA as I hope it would be and thus has manages to change my mind about this show in general.

arts & animation 8/10
story 8/10
characters 8/10
sound 7/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 7.8/10

2 comments:

There was certainly more substance to it, but I am sure it will end up in the same place. I just hate harem comedies, so this isn't the right show for me.

I don't like harem either but since I'm all for Yozora I found myself rooting for her and want to see if he gets the man. Same thin happened with True Tears and Clannad. I ended up hating both shows so... cross fingers this one doesn't go that path.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...