21 September 2011

Anime: Fall 2011

Fall is upon us. It's time to update my Fall list and brace myself for a another couple of weeks of checking out new anime for the season. Nothing much differs from my previous selection of what to watch, ignore, considered etc but I did change my mind on couple of shows.

(chart thanks to Nelson)

(chart thanks to Neregate)

As usual I'm gonna divide this anime into several categories. First category is the MUST WATCH (indefinitely) shows:

  • You can tell I'm pretty fucking excited for Working'!!, can you not? I've been praying for the second season ever since I saw the last episode on June 29 last year. Hopefully the relationship between Inami and Takanashi will develop into a deeper more mature relationship. I can't wait to see Takanashi crossdressing again, among many other things ^_^
  • A noitaminA slot anime. There's no way I'm missing Un-Go.
  • Lupin III. I don't need reason for this.
  • To be honest I am not so sure about Guilty Crown until I saw who directs it. Although I am not a fan of his latest project HOTD but Araki Tetsurou has done more than proves himself with Death Note. Further more, this is produced by Production I.G. I can tell already that I would love the art and animation if judging by the character designs (from the chart) alone. Besides it's on noitaminA.
  • Alright, I am now totally excited with Kimi to Boku. I love a story about friendship among boys (yeah I'm limited like that) and I believe JC Staff will not fail me this time. I just hope that Chizuru doesn't turns out as a tsundere (Please JC Staff! Please deviates from your normal route of a tsundere anime!). So this show is replacing Fate/Zero for the time being ^_^
  • I don't play the game but I know I will enjoy Persona 4 The Animation. Why? Because I've seen enough yaoi fanarts of this show to get me excited. I know who else gonna watch this though. None other than Glo the Legend because Rie Kugumiya is in it. On a side note, if you are as clueless about the game as I am, maybe reading @fkeroge's explanation would help.

Shows that have the potential to be something more than average:

  • Since Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing features new characters, setup etc, then I will try this one out.
  • I know many people is excited with Fate / Zero. Previously I put this show in a MUST watch list but since I couldn't share the same enthusiasm about this show (unfortunately I've never really got myself "into" Fate much), I have no doubt that I will be a little slower at catching up the episodes.
  • I am not too sure about Mobile Suit Gundam Age but I've been following the franchise so I might as well.
  • I read the manga back when I was a manga whore. I can't really recalled what it's all about but if I read it, that means it must be at least good so I'm gonna see if Mirai Nikki lives up to my expectation or not.
  • I think I read about Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai in Glo's ISSS sometimes ago. I'm too lazy to look up for it but that gives me enough reason to check this show out.

List of shows that could be dropped if it turns out very predictable and cliche after the first impression post, or if I don't like the characters at all.

  • I remember my friend Daniel from the Gotei 13 who is so adamant that I read the manga of Hunter X Hunter and though I promised him, I never actually managed to. I feel bad about it so I'm gonna check out the anime instead.
  • One more mecha anime this Fall where the pilots looks like middle schoolers. I don't think Busou Shinki Moon Angel will appeal to me much.
  • Chihayafuru is an anime sport? I don't know what 'karuta' is but now I'm intrigued. Apparently this one is a josei.
  • I've read Maken-Ki and then put it on hold after the first arc. I remember it's a tad ecchi but I am usually more tolerant to ecchi manga than an ecchi anime so...
  • I still haven't watch the other Tamayura franchise but I will check out Tamayura ~Hitotose~ and see if it's a stand alone show or not. If it is then I might actually consider watching this one.

Shows that will be on my pending list because I haven't manage to watch the first season/prequel/whatever:

  • Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
  • Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
  • Fujilog Second Season
  • Shakugan no Shana III
  • Bakuman Second Season
  • Zero no Tsukaima Kessakusen

Shows that I won't bothered with except if I'm really bored and has nothing better to do than waste my time raging. In other words, the shitty shows. It could also be the show that I'm curious about but know that I only watch the first episode to prove that I'm right at how bad it is:

  • Chibi Devi! sounds too much like Beelzebub and the animation looks like it was too cute for my taste.
  • Looking at the synopsis, it was puzzling. Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle sounds too shallow for a good show but who knows if Junichi Satou, the director, can do a convincing job in making this one an exciting show. Then again, I have always dislike Sailor Moon >_>
  • It's all depends on Jun Fukuyama. If his character is believable then I might just watch Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. Otherwise this will go to the waste bin.
  • Mashiro-Iro Symphony is using the same retarded harem material. I think I'll pass.
  • Oh noes, another harem anime? I expect an ecchi show so I'm gonna avoid Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! I don't care if it used exclamation mark in it's title. That's their deceiving tactic! I'm not gonna fall for it unless it turns out to be really funny and random.
  • Naked girl? C3 is another ecchi anime of the season. No thanks.
  • I have nothing against Battle Spirits: Heroes but it looks like a kid show and trading card games. Since I'm not into both, I'll skip it.
  • Same goes for Cross Fight B-Daman. What the hell is that shit anyway?
  • I read the synopsis and almost fainted at how fucking ridiculous Ben-to is. NOPE.
  • What is it with anime nowadays: moe and music seem to be the popular choice nowadays. I doubt I will enjoy Shinmachu MiRiKa 2nd Series. What what? This shit got a second season? O_o

My thoughts on OVA, ONA, OAD and Specials that matter to me:

  • Hidamari Sketch x SP is a Special two episodes to gear up for the 4th Season.
  • I'm a fan of Kami nomi so there's no way I'm gonna missed Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Yonin to Idol. This is just the intro for season three, I'm sure.
  • I'm not gonna missed the bishies in Vitamin X Addiction.
  • Unaired episode of Deadman Wonderland which I plan to finish anytime soon.
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira simply because I can't missed anything from this franchise.
  • Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki the Animation is an adaptation of a RPG. That's all I know and it got me curious.
  • And then the usual suspects like Usagi Drop, Hourou Musuko, Yozakura Quartet ~Hoshi no Umi~, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Sora ga Bokura no Nichijou, Kimi ni Todoke and Ikoku Meiro no Croisée: Yune & Alice.


Time for the movies!
  • I'm super excited for Tekken: Blood Vengeance. We hardly have anything bloody this Fall so I'm welcoming this movie with open hands. This also reminds me of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within for some reason. I must be going senile.
  • I need to get my hands on the first movie of Mardock Scramble!
  • The tag supernatural is enough to get my loads off Hotarubi no Mori e. The fact that Takahiro Omori is directing this just made me cum twice.
  • Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku is a 50/50 for me but since Madhouse is producing it, maybe it's worth the watch.

12 comments:

I'm unsure about Guilty Crown myself. It looks pretty generic in terms of the types of characters we'll meet and what the story will be like, but the background art made it look like it would be a compelling atmosphere (Production IG to the rescue). I'll definitely be checking it out to see if the story hooks me, but I'm more interested in Un-Go, which also looks like it will have a rich atmosphere and compelling graphics, but with the added appeal of an unusual idea.

I usually ended up watching only one of the two noitaminA show every season and I have a feeling that I'll be watching Un-Go instead of Guilty Crown. But if both are intriguing enough then who knows, right?

I already have my anime of the season after all: Working'!!

Lol @ Ben-To

Got a review for Working? I'm interested in picking the first season up, but still can't quite put my finger on whether or not to go ahead.

Fun preview, klux :)

......


......


.....


HO

LY

FUCK.

HOW DID I MISS THIS!? THEY MADE ANOTHER ZERO NO TSUKAIMA!!!>>>>!>!>!>!>!>!>GKJOABSIFEKJGF YUEGFYULEGFYUGFJLGYUS GFUSF GYUG

IMMEDIATE POST. MY PRAYERS CONTINUE TO BE ANSWERED. NEXT THE WHALERS WILL MOVE BACK. THE WORLD IS RIGHT AND JUST.

What about Guilty Crown?

Oh there's Guilty Crown...it's gonna kick ass....I still don't get how anyone could not love HOTD it was fucking badass as fuck. #fuckingbadasskidskillingshitandstuffoesn'tevenmatterbadass

I never gotten the chance to sit down and review Working!! so unfortunately no T-Razor, I don't have it but trust me it's on my number 1 spot for anime of 2010 for a reason. It's one of the show that just gets better as the episode progressed. Watch it!

I should have known that you will wet your pantsu when learning hat Zero no Tsukaima is back, Glo. This summer you'll be pretty busy changing that pants of yours. As for Guilty Crown, I believe that it won't turns out like HOTD. At least I don't think it's an ecchi anime so that gives us hope :P

I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear I'm watching 90% of what's airing. Like...I think the only one's I'm NOT watching are ones where I haven't seen the previous season, so Shana, Zero no Tsukaima (although it is a prequel, so maybe), Working, and there are a few others I'm just electing against, like Lupin III.

I'm most excited for Persona 4, because I fucking WORSHIP the Persona games. And yes, there is yaoi fodder aplenty.

I'm most annoyed by Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi getting a second season. I insist to myself that I must watch everything with Hiroshi Kamiya in it, and sadly he was in that one. But at least I like one of the three couples.

You are NOT watching WORKING'!!? O_o
What is this blasphemy?!

I have to watch the first season still! I really should do that pre-fall premiers...maybe I'll start it today.

Look, it probably can't hurt to give Ben-To a try. I mean, the worst that could happen is that its story falls apart :D

But I will try out Ben-to just like I will check out all the first episode of the other shows. I feel obligated to do so for some reasons. However, like I said, I would probably just rage the entire time watching it >_>

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...