15 July 2011

First Impression: Ro-Kyu-Bu!

The second episode is already out but it is only now that I have the time to spare for this shit. The aniblogsphere has been buzzing at how shitty this one is so I don't really know why the hell am I still watching this show. Maybe it has something to do with self-satisfaction, making sure that this is really as shit as everyone said it was. Or maybe I'm just a closet masochist.

(c) tinkerbell

The show is about Subaru, a high school kid who is forced by his aunt (who is smaller than him and looks like an elementary school student) to coach the basketball team at her school. The basketball team in question, has 5 members whom Subaru will gradually warm up to and thus, instead of only coaching for three days, he voluntarily signs himself up for the whole semester. Even more so when he got challenged by small boys acting like brats. So damn predictable.

I thought height plays a big part in selecting the players. They also need to know at least the basic rules about basketball. Apparently these kids are so awesome, they don't give a fuck about all that. Bullshit.

The characters... Tomoka reminds me of Tamaki from Bamboo Blade for whatever reason even though their personalities are so different while Himeji from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu is Hinata. Moha is obviously Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku. As you have probably deduct by now, I don't exactly appreciate cloning so the characters itself is one of the weakest points for this show. Recycling material is only good in real life, not in anime.

If that's not bad, they even has a shower scene with them naked and placement of strategic bubbles. Then, they even feel each other up in that fucking shower. I mean, these kids are elementary students, for fuck's sake. What are you trying to teach them? Hentai lifestyle? How fucking lolicon can you be? I won't allow my kids to watch this show. Nu'uh. No fucking way.

Though I do want to see the second episode just for the fuck of it though I don't think I ever will. Not with this much backlog, I can't :(

art and animation 4/10
story 4/10
characters 4/10
sound 4/10
enjoyment 4/10
overall 4/10

4 comments:

"I thought height plays a big part in selecting the players. They also need to know at least the basic rules about basketball. Apparently these kids are so awesome, they don't give a fuck about all that. Bullshit."

Hahahahhahahaha show looks fucking stupidddddd!!!

I wish I had time for anime...

...oh well off to work now.

I could have watch something else. Fuck why did I choose this? >_<

I was sold on this show until they turned out to all be lolis. :/ Goes without saying that this isn't one on my list.

i was hoping for something like oofuri or even bamboo blade. Unfortunately it's just plain sucks

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...