06 October 2010

Saber Alter Vortigern

Once again Good Smile Company brought to you another different version of Saber (I have lost count how many version are there). This time around, they are doing the Alter Vortigern version. Since I don't play the game nor am I a big fan of Fate/Stay Night the anime, I can't really understand why are people so obsessed with Saber. Heh, I asked some impractical question sometimes, don't I, since I am just as obsessed when it comes to Haruhi Suzumiya and Tainaka Ritsu.

But speaking of this latest PVC figure from GSC (which is now available for pre-order), I don't really see what is so special about it at first glance. Sure her armor is shiny and all but I think it was too dull overall when combined with the crimson color of the base. Also I think there is too much going on down under. I would actually prefer if the base is more simple and black in color.


Then I saw Saber with her possessed sword. I mean just look at the sword. That is one bad ass motherfucking sword. If I need a reason to purchase this figure, it would be because of the sword. It is just too freaking awesome, all crystallized and shit.


This 1/7th PVC figure is set to be released on April 2011. It cost MYR430 exclude the shipping. Fortunately I'm not interested. Not even tempted.

However, I have made up my mind to put down my pre-order for Alter Tainaka Ritsu. I just couldn't resist the temptation to have her in my display cabinet. She is going to look so fucking awesome with her magnificent drum set. She is around the same price as this Saber figure but hell, I'm getting so much more than just a mere sword. The figure is set to be released on February 2011. There is plenty of time to accumulate the money XD

I found myself spending at least MYR100 every month for figures. If I don't I will just put aside the money in case I need to pre-order something new. It is also useful when figures have been released which mean I have to get the money ready to pay the remaining balance of said figures. For example, I have already spent close to MYR200 in October for pre-order of nendoroid Hirasawa Ui, Date Masamune and Alter Ritsu. I need to prepare around MYR200 more since nendo puchi Lucky.Star and figma Haruhi Suzumiya will arrive soon. My monthly budget is only for figures atm >>

Oh by the way, for Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Nake ga Nai fans, or specifically Kirino's fans, Katebukiya is opening pre-order for her PVC figure. Props to the sculpture. I love the details on her clothes and hair. But the expression and pose kinda too common I think. She doesn't really stand out as a figure.

4 comments:

Her Sword Rocks!! But the base is a bit weird and the rust color does not suit it that well either.

For the love of the Gods - please no more K-On!

lol but I'm obsessed with Ritsu. Stop me!

We could always tie you up and take your credit cards away. No credit cards means no online buying and being tied up means you can't leave the house to buy it in the otaku store. >=)

You can do that but unfortunately I don't have a credit card. That's the only one thing I promised myself not to have otherwise I would have gone bankrupt by now. I buy my figures from the local online stores. They accept payment via bank so I don't have to worry about credit card charges. Cash is the way to go!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...