03 July 2010

It has been a while since I rant, so here it is: a rant about anime and the latest shit

I learned a few things in the last couple of days.

Apparently K-ON!! will have 26 episodes instead of 13 like in their first season. I dunno why they need to lengthen the episodes when there is absolutely no plot what-so-ever. One might argue that Gintama has no apparent plot either except for its few arcs, yet I love it a lot. Well, lemme tell you that Gintama is made of fucking awesome. To compared Gintama and K-ON!! is already a phailure on your part and I wish nothing but for you to rot in your own shit one day. Also, there is nothing moe about Gintama, even if they did a parody of K-ON which will turn out awesome because Gintama is like that.

(c) 50yen

Arakawa Under The Bridge will get a second season. I am currently stuck at episode 7. I dunno, the show kinda lost it charms on me. I guess I have to complete the show to truly appreciate the news that it will get a second season. The only reason for me to continue watching Arakawa now would be because of Hoshi. Why? Because I watch anything that has Tomokazu as a seiyuu. I keep imagining Gintoki behind the Star head-gear. I think Gintoki might be the best character ever for Tomokazu.

Even Konata agrees
(c) punchiki


The incoming of summer anime for 2010 is highly anticipated especially for the Highschool of the Dead fans but we have to wait a little longer for that anime. The first anime that graced the torrent site was Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi which was okay if you like the typical tsundere meets loser show. The parody of the famous fairy tail was amusing and entertaining though but no other anime can do parody like Gintama can.

flat-chest females are hawt if they know how to pull it off
(c) unaji

By the way, if you are living in the States, you have probably seen Avatar: The Last Airbender movie. And if you have been following my blog for a while, you probably would have known where my stand is regarding this live action movie. At first my reservation was simply because Hollywood has this long history of butchering the anime/cartoons that we hold dear to our hearts. Then I raged when I found out about the casts. They fucking messed things up.

The movie is yet to be released here in Malaysia. I dunno when it will be released either. My friends did not wait for me to see the movie to spoil the shit. When I said shit, I mean literally that. My friends wanted to leave the cinema after 5 minutes. That was how bad it is.

Unsurprisingly and as expected the abysmally casts phailed at delivering the personality of the character they are supposed to be playing. How the fuck can you mispronounced Aang? They said the scripts phailed big time. It was blah and too blunt. It's like they are trying to treat the audience as fools. Big mistakes. And they fucking changed the characteristics of the character. Aang is no longer a happy-go-lucky kid. Sokka ain't funneh (WTF?!) and Zuko... well... I RAGE!

butchering Zuko is a sin!
(c) ninjatic

This is potentially worst than Dragon Ball Evolution.

I know I am going to be disappointed but this is too much. What happened to M. Night? He was one of my most favorite directors. How the fuck can he messed up this premise? I thought he said he was the biggest fan of Avatar. Now we know the truth right? He just wanted to cash in on the money. I have lost all respect for this man. He shall not be forgiven. In fact, Hollywood should be banned from adapting all these great anime/cartoons forever. The latest I heard, they are planning on a live-action movie of "Akira" and "All You Need is Kill". This is an injustice to the industry!

I used to want to see the movie myself, you know, all that don't judge a book by it's cover bullshit thingy but now I don't think I want to spend any money on shit like this when I know I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed (not to mention in rage).

I rather watch Baka Raptor eats a mother and a child than watch this shit. God I'm fucking pissed off!

om nom nom

conclusion: avoid Avatar and Gintama is teh awesome.

10 comments:

i just seen avatar yesterday but haven't seen the anime and it was good. and it will be good to people who haven't seen the anime, not like the dragonball movie which i can only imagine sucked. i will watch the anime and get back too you on this.

That's how Hollywood fools you. I am eager to see what you think after you have completed all three seasons of the cartoon.

Well,at least you're being honest on this...you know what's the real problem is,in my opinion??I think that..the passion just really isn't there..those who made the film really doesn't get what they're doing exactly...American comics,strangely enough,haven't suffered from this whole anomaly..films on Hellboy,Batman or Sin City,are great,on the contrary...(sigh)

*nods* they are, aren't they?

So basically they should just leave the anime world alone. Goddamn these bastards!

I'd eat that MILF any day.

Really? Well, when I saw the Last Airbender movie it looked like it would suck in the style of Dragonball Evolution, but the trailer actually looked pretty decent... Well, I did hear of some horrible reviews, but I had no other opinions. Alright, I'll go in with a few pints to keep myself stable. Think it would make a good movie to riff with friends though?

yeah, unfortunately my friends are all loser. They don't watch the anime and would probably think the movie is awesome.
I want to kill them sometimes for being so oblivious.

Yeah, Arakawa was kinda lacking.. it doesn't really get any better or worse or deliver anything worthwhile. Watch it if you want to wait for another season before it goes anywhere.

And of course the Avatar movie was a travesty if you're a fan. Big surprise. But I'm not even really a fan of Avatar, yet I found the movie lacking any of the charm and appeal the series managed to conjure up for itself.

No heart? Try no soul. Now my poor bro' feels bad for watching it AND for dragging me to watch it. He's now dragged me to TWO awful movies with Avatar in the title, so I'm hoping a third comes out and he completes the hat trick..

Arakawa kinda stuck in an infinite loop without any new direction in sight. That kinda sad since it has so much potential.

I feel sorry for you to have such a soul-less brother XD

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...