13 April 2010

Arakawa Under the Bridge: Episode 2

Arikawa Under the Bridge gets all poetic for the opening scene. Some deep stuff indeed, comparing man with sea.


And I gotta say that I am a fan of the OP video. It reminds me a lot like Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu because of the chosen background. About the song itself, it would need some getting used to but I'm sure it will grow on me by the end of the series.


If anything, the video of the OP suggested that this is definitely a romance comedy. If I were to read the tag without having seen the character designs, I would probably have chucked this away. Thank goodness I don't usually do that. I'm not that shallow person who judged the book by its cover.

In this episode, or rather in episode 10, Kou has moved in under the bridge and holy hell, he got himself a nice place to live in. Just look at the interior although I am still trying to figure out just how the fuck did they do it, which I shouldn't do because the retardedness of this whole show is what makes it so enjoyable. Again, this input reminds me of Gintama and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. So much awesomeness.


Kou was so busy worrying he did not realized that he now has a girlfriend. Nino of course has to remind him about it.


Just as she did, Kou started getting all sort of dirty idea. I don't blame him. Any man having a room to himself with Nino as his only companion would have thought more of less the same thing, if not kinkier. Then out of embarrassment, he will further embarrass himself, just like Kou did.


In episode 11, Kou really wanted a bath and what he wished he got it because he's the protagonist. LOL not really. He has to wait for his turn but he did manage to see Nino taking one XD

His phailed attempt at decency

In episode 12, it was finally his turn to take a bath. Nino helped him out with the cuticles. He owed her another deed. He was so freaking happy/touch, he cried. Apparently he has a bitter sweet memory with his dad when he was small. I should have guess. This was explained in episode 13.


Kou met all the new characters during his welcoming party in episode 14. Obviously he has a lot to digest because they all wearing a strange head gears. If you read what I think of the first episode, you'll know how freaking excited I am to be introduced to these guys, especially Hoshi. Anyway, Kou made the mistake of introducing himself as Nino's lover. Everyone ended up wanting to beat the crap out of him because they all want Nino for themselves.

In episode 15, 16 and 17, Kou was introduced to the Sister. I lol'd so fucking hard

Oh man, that was EPIC

And that's the end of episode 2 (confused yet?). The ED I guess can be used as the introductory of the characters in this series. The animation isn't as good as the OP video in my opinion because it was too plain and just like the OP, the song will eventually grows on me.



If people asked me why I like Arikawa Under the Bridge, aside from the comedy, I would have said that I love the art direction of the show. The extreme close-up on the facial expression really captured the emotions that the character has. That in my opinion, is one of the strongest point of this show. Guess what it reminded me of... Yep, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu


Oh by the way, Nino has started calling Kou as Ric, as in Ric in Recruit. That's Kou given name as long as he lives under the bridge.

4 comments:

The OP has actually already grown on me. I can't quite explain why, but it works so well with this series.
Haven't quite noticed similarities between this and Baka to Test - though when it comes to art motifs and quirkiness, I can see where you're coming from.

More like, I'm really susceptible to Arakawa's fish jokes. I dunno why, but fish are just so effective in comedy. Probably because of their shape.

All you have to do is take a look at my twitter to know how much I have already fallen for this show.

Yeah, I have been re-playing the OP and is now addicted. That was fast. Must be the fish.

And Glo, I would have agree but Gintama > everything in between life and death.

That OP really is pretty interesting. I had no idea what this series is about, but I'm going to check this out now.
Also, agreed about the art. The blonde girl is very cute.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...