12 April 2010

First Impression: Senkou no Night Raid


So this was the anime that everyone is making fun of because the mandarin sucks dick. Since I don't speak Mandarin nor do I understand them, I didn't see what was so funny though.

It started off with an interesting action sequence so this series becomes totally acceptable in my book almost instantly. The set up was in Shanghai year 1930s and the hero is a total bishie. This is about a Japanses spy team in the land of China. Each and everyone of them has special ability that made them useful.

Aoi, the bishie has some sort of a wind manipulation power, Yukina is a telepathic, Natsume is a sharp-shooter/sharp-eyes and Kazura... well, his power took me by surprise. It's not so much about his power but the way the animation was made. I am totally diggin it. He's a fucking teleporter.

Aoi, the daredevil

Kazura, the no nonsense teleporter

Yukina, milady of telephaty

Natsume, the quiet sharp-shooter

There is a lot of information to digest though but I'm sure as the episodes multiplied, it will all becomes clear, like it mostly does with this kind of story.

This one is so getting my seal of approval. The animation was sleek. The action sequences were awesome. The plot is good. I couldn't ask for more. At last, a real action anime for the season. If only it has more blood in it, it would have been perfect.

art & animation 9/10
story 8/10
characters 9/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...