24 July 2013

First Impression: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!

People refer to this anime simply as Watamote and I said in my preview that this show has the potential to please me as a fan. Just look at the protagonist and you know that this has the right condiments to be good.

(c) Maimai Yuki
Oh and I secretly want her to end up with her younger brother ^w^
Watamote it is about a girl who has a really screwed up view of herself. She's unpopular but she has this very positive mindset when it comes to describing herself or if it has anything to do with herself. In reality though, she is just this awkward looking girl with bags under her eyes from playing all those otome games late into the night.

Her askew point of views, in my opinion, are the reason this show is so enjoyable. It's painful to look at her being so wrong about everything that has anything to do with social stuff but at the same time we just couldn't get enough of that. Or at least I can't. I wonder if people like her exist in real life.

One of the highlights of the show for me personally is when she wants to be social adept but whenever she looks at people having conversation and left her out, she has this fucked up conversation in her head about those people and they are most of the time full of sexual innuendos. It goes to show how corrupted her mind is LOL

So yeah, this show is definitely one of the most enjoyable show I've watched this season.

Episode: 12
Aired: Summer 2013
Producers: Silver Link

arts & animation 7/10
story 8/10
characters 8/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 7.8/10

1 comments:

This manga is sooooo depressing I can't help but read it but become very depressed afterward. JUST GIVE HER A FRIEND PLEAAAASEEE!!!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...