02 August 2012

First Impression: Joshiraku

I am giving this show an opportunity to impress me since it was produced by J.C. Staff. I hope it won't be another K-ON and turned out it is rather similar though feels completely different.

Joshiraku is about 5 girls who sorta work at some stand up (though they just sit down) comedy joint. Though the showed them performing their jokes (that I didn't get), most of the comedy comes from the "normal conversation" that they had backstage. It was random of fuck which reminds me of Nichijou and somewhat Lucky Star as well.

(c) Yasu

I don't feel right blaming the production studio about when I failed to find (some of) the jokes funny. Maybe it has to do with culture etc in order for the jokes to make sense, hence funny. But yeah, I guess I was pretty much lost.

I like the fact that all five girls are wearing haori. It's not often that we see such things in anime nowadays. I appreciate their effort to keep their culture alive. Having said that, I thought that they can do more with the whole art and animation. More expression perhaps?

The OP wasn't half bad but I thought that the ED was super cute with them being chibi and all and singing somewhat rap song.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be watching this anytime soon which mean this show will go to my waiting list that grows longer every time the new season arrived. It wasn't impressive enough.

Oh well, at least it is not another K-ON!

Episodes: 13
Aired: Summer 2012
Genres: Comedy, Slice of Life

arts & animation 6/10
story 5/10
characters 6/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 6/10
overall 5.6/10

2 comments:

The comedy has a lot of puns that go over my head, since I don't understand Japanese language. I liked seeing the nightclub or whatever it is they work in. Unfortunately that becomes another source of jokes that those without cultural background won't get. Definitely a nice attempt at something different than we usually get.

Same. I don't get most of the jokes. It's like watching Nichijou all over again =\

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...