03 August 2012

First Impression: Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

My first impression of this show was when I read the synopsis for the preview. I thought that it borrowed most of the ideas from Smurf and since I was once a fan, I know I will be very critical at reviewing this first episode. Lets just hope it won't disappoint me too much.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita or Humanity has Declined in English, is about this girl who deals with fairies. This show took place where food are scarce for the human. She, her assistant and an old guy went to the fairies' place to investigate how the hell they produced food. Apparently it was all synthesized shit.

I was ready to drop it after 10 minutes in but conversation with Lord Jagganath in Twitter forced me to watch this episode till the end. And so I want to thank him for that.

The bleeding loaf changed my mind, and I have seen the other incoming mindfuck shit. I liked it.

THIS!

The art and animation, except for the character designs, are pretty solid in my opinion. Although the background are pretty much static, I like how they played with the color technique. It gave this 'drawing' feels to it. The characters could look more lively to match with the background though.

Was it just me or did anyone else thought that the fairies sound annoying as hell?

I was just about to list this show as the first anishit list of the season but changed my mind after I've seen the later half of the episode. Lesson learn today: don't be too quick to judge.

Episodes: 12
Aired: Summer 2012
Genres: Fantasy, Seinen

arts & animation 7/10
story 7/10
characters 6/10
sound 5/10
enjoyment 6/10
overall 6.2/10



4 comments:

That bread scene was crazy. I like the strange ideas in this show. They seem to feel free to just try out any weird idea that comes to them, which makes keeps it from being predictable. I also like the social commentary aspect. APPROVED

I hope they will continue surprising us with mindfuck shit like that because really, that's what keep this show going for me

I said basically the same thing on Twitter as I liveblogged episode 1:

"Halfway through Jinrui etc 1. If their food is so low, why don't they just eat the fairies? I hear retard moe characters taste pretty good."
"OK, an anthropomorphic loaf of bread just bloodily tore itself apart. You have my attention."

I was totally bored the first half of the episode but then when that bread committed suicide I was laughing my ass off. It was so unexpected, it became bloody brilliant.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...