07 July 2012

First Impression: Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu - Uta Koi

I have high hopes for Utakoi because I am a sucker for romance. Thank goodness that this show delivers what it has promised. It has the necessary elements that made the translation and adaptation of  the poetry works exceptionally well.


The strength of this show definitely lies with the romance story line which is narrated by Fujiwara no Sadae, brother of Fujiwara no Takaiko. He tells the story of two different love stories, the first being that of his sister and Narihira and the other about Narihira's brother Yukihira and his wife Hiroko. Narihira and Yukihira have two very different personalities thus they approached romance and responded to love differently as well.

I am not a fan of the art and animation though. It's too one dimensional for me. Having said that, the character designs weren't bad, at least it make perfect sense why Narihira is a womanizer because he really does looks hot. It is also interesting to see the setup since the story took place in a different era of the old Japan. At the same time, they do not forget the culture of that time which is very important in my opinion for a historical anime.

I find myself liking both the OP and the ED, I thought they were both have catchy tunes. I'm not complaining about the seiyuus either. They all breathed in some personality in their characters. Narihira for example, sounds smexy as fuck, and this is credited to his seiyuu. Same goes for the tsundere Takaiko.

I like what I see but given how busy I am, I am not too sure whether or not I won't put this in the backlog after a few more episodes. That remains to be seen I guess but for the time being, I'll enjoy the romance. It's sweet and just makes me want to cuddle with my crush. Gosh I miss him terribadly T__T

Episodes: tbc
Aired: Summer 2012
Genres: Historical, Josei

art & animation 6/10
story 7/10
characters 7/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 7/10
overall 7/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...