09 July 2013

First Impression: Servant x Service

This show is automatically in my MUST WATCH list simple because it's produced by A-1 Pictures. Why? Well, that's my most favorite studio, is why! But then again, there are several shows from this studio that I dropped like Oreimo for example because there's character that I cannot tolerate in it.



Servant x Service sounds just like a show that I will try to avoid. In my head, anything that has the word servant and service in it's title has ecchi written all over the plot. But I have faith in the studio. Even if there are fan services, I hope they remain classy.

And I was right. The only fan service you'll get is the bouncing of melons. I'm okay with that.

But the plot is weak. Too weak. The animation was average too. It somewhat doesn't really feel A-1 Picture-ish. I expected something more... well-developed.

It's about this three characters being employed at civil service office, with their hopeless supervisor. Each has personality of their own: Lucy wants revenge because of her name (like I said, weak plot is weak), Miyoshi is timid, Chihaya is stoic, Ichimiya is somewhat useless imo and Hasebe to liven up the dull office. Nothing much going on. Hopefully they'll develop some romance between Lucy and Hasebe along the way but I doubt it.

You know that a show is average as fuck when you can't find any fan made drawings of them. Mediocre is a pretty fitting word to describe this show.

But because it's A-1 Pictures, I'll try my best to keep up with it. I hope it won't get any stupider though.

Episode: tbc
Aired: Summer 2013
Producers: A-1 Pictures

arts & animation 6/10
story 6/10
characters 7/10
sound 7/10
enjoyment 7/10
overall 6.6/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...