16 June 2012

First Impression: Ozma


This show started even before the Spring season official release was out but it is only now that I feel like watching it. That is just me being lazy or caught up with work and life in general. I wasn’t excited at all about Ozuma but I figured I need to be fair and see what it is all about before I draw my own conclusion.


I was damn excited when I heard the opening song because I immediately recognized that it is a song from FT Island, my favorite Korean band. If I had known that they sang the OP, I would have checked this show out sooner.

Unfortunately though, the show itself was crappy. The art really turned me off. It is too shoujoish for me. It’s the year 2012 for fuck sake, who draws like that anymore? The animation too was below average. The perspective was off and it wasn’t smooth at all. Mediocre is probably the right word to describe it.

As for the story, I can’t really tell what it was all about. It is just sand after sand of shit. I dropped the show before it hits the 7 minutes mark. If they phailed to grab my attention or pique my interest in the first 7 minutes, I doubt they could do it at all. First impression is pretty important after all.

But I did know that the show is named after a creature that lives under the sands. It was pretty stupid really, especially when I saw the vehicles they were on. For a second there, I thought I was watching an animated Star Wars, if you know what I mean.

There’s only one good thing about this show and that’s the OP. That’s not good enough reason to suffer through this. It is definitely not worthy of my time.

And so this show is being dumped into the anishit list. I refused to be Leijitimize!

Number of episodes: 6
Season: Spring 2012

Arts & animation 4/10
Story 4/10
Characters 4/10
Sounds 6/10
Enjoyment 4/10
Overall 4.2/10


2 comments:

Allow me to quote from my copy of the "Encyclopedia of Epic Anibloggers" (2050 edition, had to travel to the future to get it), under the entry for "Failed Bloggers":

"And with her post on June 16th, 2012, Kluxorious forfeited all possibility of entering the ranks of the great and thus she has not received her own entry in this volume."

Oh well~

BTW Happy million hits!!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...