11 June 2012

First Impression: Kingdom

My first thought when I saw the first few second of this anime is... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ANIMATION? So yeah, it wasn't a good first impression at all. The animation was worse than Blassreiter, if you guys still remember that shit. I don't know what the hell Studio Peirrot was thinking. This is clearly not how anime supposed to be done.

And then I heard the voice of the main shouta who this story of Kingdom is based on. I knew right away Morita Masakazu is his seiyuu because Xin has Ichigo's voice. I dunno why this disturbed me but it does. I feel all weird hearing Ichigo's voice in other character. My brain just can't compute but somehow it make sense because Ichigo Morita's voice is somewhat perfect for rebellious shounen character. Argh shit my brain can't compute...

Somehow I have always feel like Morita is exclusively Ichigo... >_>

I was ready to drop this show but the voice of Ichigo prevented me from doing so which is a good thing in hindsight because I ended up enjoying this preview episode of 50 minutes quite a bit. Surprisingly so.



Kingdom is about a kid named Xin who is a slave. He has a best friend named Piao who looks exactly like the King. Since the kingdom is in the state of upheaval, Piao was called forth of the palace to be the dummy and he got killed. Piao managed to go back to Xin though and tell him to go to a village full of murderers where Xin found the young King who looks like Piao.

I'm guessing Xin will take care of that young King from now on.

It's a typical shounen show but since I am a sucker for shounen, I found it entertaining despite the hideous art and animation. Will I continue watching this? Most likely.

My advice, if you are not a big fan of shounen, best not to watch this at all or it could give you eye cancer.

Number of episodes: 38
Season: Summer 2012

art & animation 5/10
story 6/10
characters 6/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 7/10
overall 6/10



2 comments:

You...You might be shocked: this is based...off a seinen manga O.o

Oh really? Well I guess I can sorta see it since the violence was too much for a shounen.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...