26 May 2012

First Impression: Nazo no Kanojo X

This series is included in my MUST WATCH list of the season but for some reason when it was released, I have no desire at all to watch it. That is going to change though because finally I'm able to force myself to sit down and check it out.

Glo loves this series. He even changed his twitter name to the title of this series. Though I don't read the manga, he made me intrigued as to what was it that is so fascinating about this series. Well, for one, Urabe is awesome as fuck. I totally agree with Glo.

this is actually turning me on
(c) Machiko

Urabe reminded me somewhat of myself, except the saliva thingy. I know what I want and I will strive to get it, or at leas try to. Urabe is just like that. She is also sociably inept and doesn't really give a fuck what other people think of her. I liked her the moment she said no to her classmate and chose sleep over food. She's definitely not your average female character and that is always good in my book.

As for the story, it is definitely original. The fact that Urabe has that many saliva when she's happy/turn on, is a proof of that. I can't wait to see the plot with the scissors. 

I understand that the art itself is a representation of the manga but it is sort of out dated and the animation doesn't added any extra value to it. The saliva for example, didn't look real, but I guess as long as it managed to interpret what was written, it's good enough. At the end of the day, it shouldn't have mattered anyway. It's either you enjoy the episode or not and enjoyed it I did.

Episode 2 get.

art & animation 6/10
story 8/10
characters 9/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 9/10
overall 8/10



7 comments:

Time for some tough love. I still think that the animated series is good, but the manga is 204393 times better. I feel like the series is too slow and it's starting to fall a bit flat. The manga had more vibrancy and seemed more upbeat.

It's too bad because everything about the anime has been done really well (voice actors are perfect/outstanding. The animation/art is flawless, the music is solid). It's a high quality series but if I hadn't read the manga, I probably wouldn't get too hyped about this series.

So far it's looking like a 5 on my ratings scale. Maybe 5*.

urgh that doesn't sound too encouraging, especially for a person who haven't read the manga...

READ THE FUCKING MANGA NOW IT'S THE BEST MANGA EVER BETTER THAN FUCKING BLEACH OR YAOI OR ANY OTHER SHIT.

You can love the manga all you want because I'm sure you have read it recently one chapter after another in a seat.
But the manga means a chapter every month and it also means a year with little plot development that can desperate you.

The anime is way better because summarizes the best from the manga in 20 minutes capsules. There are scenes like in eps 5,6,8 that has more impact in anime form than in the manga.
Anyway you should just keep watching.

I would read the manga if I don't have a life. Turns out I do have a life with 3 different jobs. I can't afford time for manga nowadays and you know it!

And yes, I will continue watching the anime because it looks like a series worth watching and spend my precious time on :)

This was on my list too & got lost too! Lol but Im gonna see it asap

I have yet to see episode 2. Damn work >_<

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...