17 January 2012

First Impression: Kill Me Baby

Episodes: Unknown
Producers: J.C. Staff
Genres: Comedy, School

For some weird reason, I have this illogical thoughts that Kill My Baby will be brilliant with it's humor and witty comedy. I have no idea where did I get such thought when I didn't even watch any of the preview (if they had one). I usually will brush off this kind of shows so I was wondering myself what makes me thought that this one will be any different. Let's find out shall we whether I was right, or I will end up killing myself after 24 minutes.

(c) Youkan

Kill Me Baby is a story about two friends, Yasuna and Sonya. Yasuna is the happy-go-lucky type of girl while Sonya is more serious in personality because her job requires her to be so. She is an assassin and is always wary of contact. Unfortunately though, she is pretty much scared with everything else. There is also Agiri, someone Sonya knows from her group of assassins. Agiri is a ninja but she's more like a con artist rather than anything else.

The stints are most like gags which added to the fun. Though it wasn't thought-provoking show, it is not trying to be what it isn't. It stick to what it do best, which is the comedy that transpired/caused through the interaction between Sonya and Yasuna. Nothing more and nothing lss. The art was simple and I actually really like the chibi feel of the character designs.

The repetition of "kill me bebeh" in the OP can either annoy you or makes you want Sonya to really kill you, which is a good thing. I wonder how simplistic a person must be to create song like that? But the ED is pretty hypnotic with the disco music beat and the singing which was done both my the protagonists: Mutsumi Tamura and Chinatsu Akasaki. Speaking of these two seiyuu I really like the fact that both of them managed to embody the essence of their characters respectively. They made them believable when they communicate and being friends despite the difference in personalities. Though Sonya looks sorta like Nagi, she quickly becomes my favorite character between the two friends mainly because of the job well done by her seiyuu, Mutsumi Tamura.

So far Kill Me Baby does not disappoint me with the delivery of it's first episode. I hope J.C. Staff can keep this momentum going because I am certainly looking forward to watch the next episode.

art & animation 7/10
story 7/10
characters 8/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 7.6/10

2 comments:

I thought that the manga was a bit amusing and had high hopes for the anime adaptation. Unfortunately, the anime seems to be very lazy and dumb. And the OP is God aweful. I didn't even finish the first episode because I got bored.

I have watched episode 2 as well and since I didn't read the manga, I have no expectation, which in this case is good since I wasn't disappointed. I thought the anime was perfect for this kind of shows. It doesn't has to be extravagant with the execution. It's all in the delivery of those comedy lines.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...