09 December 2011

My Top 10: Things I want to do before I die

As of late, I have been thinking a lot about dying. I'm not sure why but thinking about death is a good motivation. It will help you focus and let you be appreciative of what you have though I wasn't good at any of that at all. In fact, when I think of dying, I wonder why am I still breathing at the moment. LOL suicidal much?

(c) Laphet

It's not like my life is depressing, well... at time it does, but overall I think I have a good life. I have a job (of which I can't wait to get out of from) and pursuing my dream like I'm still 17 years old. In between that, I still have time for anime which also mean I have almost zero social life. Well, what do you expect when my jerk lives 2 states away from me. I moved to be where he is and then BAM! his company send him to where I came from which just frustrates the both of us. Distance will always be an issue for us I guess *shrugs*

Anyway, I'm deviating. I was talking about death earlier, wasn't I? As some of you probably knew, I was diagnosed with a breast tumor late last year. I got one removed from my left breast earlier this year and since the lump in my right breast is benign, the doctor decided to let it be but I have to do an annual check up just to make sure that it stays benign. The possibility of me having cancer is more than 30%. Might not sound like much but it hit you right in the gut. To be honest, when I think of how I would die, I always thought that I'll be dying by some incurable disease. I guess God send a warning that he can make my wishes comes true?

(c) Kakesu

A year has gone by and it is only recently that I thought of things that I want to do/accomplish before I say goodbye to this lonely world. Who would have thought that making this list is sort of depressing and kind of liberating? Apparently there isn't that many things that I want to do, or perhaps, most of it I have already done/accomplished/achieved. Here are the only things that I can think of:

1. Fall deeply in love - helplessly and unconditionally married to Jaja
2. Make love on a forest floor Have at least 1 kid
3. Visit the countries that I am fascinated with ever since I was a child and learn their language as well: Germany and Japan and recently Seoul (I know its the capital city of South Korea).
4. Open my own pastry shop
5. Becomes a novelist and complete the novels that I've started years ago

And that is all. I'm such a simpleton, no? I'm not as greedy as I thought I was. If I have all that then I'll die the happiest and most grateful person in the world.

On the other hand, my rather illogical things that I want to do (granted that I have infinite amount of money all of a sudden) would be:

1. Visits all my Gotei and Twitter friends around the world
2. Buy myself a bishie, one for each month I get to live
3. Buy the rights for Bleach so I can write it the way I wanted it
4. Buy Super Junior from SM Entertainment and keep them to myself (tempted to write orgy)
5. Produce the best anime by investing in my fav studios: ufotable and A-1 Pictures.

And that 5+5 is 10 things I want to do before I die. Have you given a thought of what you want to do so that you live your life with no regrets? And have you given a thought of how you want your death to be like? Would you rather have a painless death but alone and miserable or an agonizing death but surrounded by your love ones?

(c) Makai no Juumin

As for me, I don't really care as long as it won't caused too much pain to the people I left behind. But then again, they would probably throw a party at my departure lol.

p/s: damn insomnia.

9 comments:

The important thing is to stay positive :)

I've pretty much done everything I wanted to do. I was able to visit Asia and Europe. I was able to eat some of the best desserts on the planet (chocolate champagne eclair, to name one!) and I married a lovely person. It doesn't get much better.

lucky you. The biggest concern for me now is pursuing my dream and I'm half way through the door. I think I should do just fine and hopefully have enough time to accomplish all that. I targeted to achieve it all (except no.5) within 5 years.

I didn't know what it was you were going through. :( That's so scary - I'm glad you're doing well for the time being. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I like the goals you've listed. Regarding #3 - I spent some time in Seoul with family, and I love the city. I guess an obvious comparison would be to Tokyo and I don't know how it would compare, but to me, even with my fondness of Japanese culture, Seoul is where it's at. A really fun city for young people.

And I would mind doing #'s 4 and 5 on your list. I've mentioned to my wife more than once that I'd like to open a bakery after I retire!

I see that the "making love on the forest floor" option is crossed out.

Oh klux, you beast ;) !

it was scary at that time but I'm a big believer of fate. If I was supposed to be dead, then dead I'll be. However, I did meet with my close friends before the surgery letting them know of what was happening, just in case I didn't wake up lol

I was planning to go to Seoul in February but since I started my classes, that plan has to be canceled. Postponing the trip in return for what I hope, a secure and more successful future. Also, I didn't know you bake!


@Trazor, that's how I get in touch with nature lol ;)

I'd bang in the forest why would you ever cross that one off? I'd like to have sex for 24 hours straight just to say I did it. I bet I could pull it off my record is 3 hours straight I don't think a girl will ever let me go farther than that ever again though.

can a human last doing it for 24 hours straight though?

5. Produce the best anime by investing in my fav studios: ufotable and A-1 Pictures.

i hope you can produce The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya season 3^^,

Ufotable producing Haruhi Suzumiya? That would be rather epic!

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...