13 October 2011

First Impression: Persona 4 The Animation

Just like I am with Fate franchise, I am also a noob when it comes to Persona since I don't play the game and the only Persona I know is the anime that was aired couple of years back: Persona ~ Trinity Soul which I enjoyed a lot. Perhaps that is why I am looking forward to see this one as well, even more so now that everyone else is hyper about it too.

Lets just hope that this show lives up to expectation.

(c) Tadashi Hitoshi

Episode 1 started with the introduction of Igor and Margaret who are in the in-between realm. I dunno who the fuck are they talking to though. Then we get to see our protagonist, Yuu Narukami moving in to his uncle's house in a small village, which mean he has to transfer school as well. Ever since he set his foot in that village, something is happening to him and we all already know what that something is. He is creating a persona of himself.

He quickly makes friends: Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi and Yosuke Hanamura. He takes the first trip to the other world with Chie and Yosuke when they accidentally go inside the TV. In that alternate realm, Yuu is given a spectacle that enables him to see the Shadows. At the most critical time, Yuu awakens his Persona and he just transformed!

that megane changes everything! *faps*
(c) Mikuni

I am not crazy about the animation but there is just something about the character designs that added the realism factor for the story, except for the three tone face everyone is having. What is up with that? Did they only tanned from their chin below? The animation needs to be more consistent in my opinion. It was awful during the time Yosuke buying them dango but was great when they were being chased by the Shadows. I mean, I almost creamed my pantsu heh.

One more thing, I think they need to carefully insert their BGM so that it would not ruin the scene. It happened several times during this episode where I can't focus on what the characters were saying because the BGM was so out of place.

Somehow I feel like this show is forcing something down my throat and I am not comfortable with that. A lot of that has to do with Yosuke's supposedly comedic relief. Having said that, the reason why I want to see this show is because of the story and so far it manages to grab my attention and pique my interest.

this guy is pretty convincing ^^

Not a perfect first impression but it's a good start.

arts & animation 8/10
story 8/10
characters 8/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 7.6/10

p/s: Why don't they just stick with Souji Seta? Why did they replace his name with Yuu Narukami.

5 comments:

yuu narukami

yuu= you
naru= wants to be
kami= God..

kinda epic though

info about the name are taken from this
http://www.craneanime.com/2011/10/anime-review-persona-4-animation.html

ah make sense now. Thanks! ^__^

srry i love this series a lot cause i am a big nut with the game i think it did better then what you rated it considering it follow the story very close to the game beside some minor detail. they also did a good job at keeping the series funny but series with how he reacts in different situation such as your choice in the game but that coming from a Hugh fan.

No, you are right. The show did get better as it proceed. Though I have few episodes to go, I am pretty sure the rating will be slightly higher than my first impression rating.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...