24 October 2011

First Impression: Mirai Nikki

I read the manga once but I honestly can't remember the details of what the story is all about. It should be good otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up. After observing the aniblogsphere it seems like asread is doing a better job adapting this series that AIC did with Maken-ki!

Gasai Yuno
(c) pixiv ID 60436

Mirai Nikki is literally translated to Future Diary. In this case, it is in the form of cellphone. Since it's the "diary of a future", losing the diary means it is a dead end for the owner of the cellphone as well. Yukiteru Amano is one of the owners. He is a quite school boy who spend his time writing short entry of what he observed into his cellphone and it became his diary of some sort. Since he has no friend, he created an imaginary friend of his own called Deus Ex Machina, the God of time and space. Little did he know that his fugly friend is actually a real god. So without his consent, he was chosen as the owner of a Mirai Nikki and have to play the Survival Game with 11 other players (one who is a major stalker of him, Yuno Gasai). Killed or be killed. Poor kid is scared out of his pantsu.

I have never watched anything from fully produced by asread before but I have got to say that, despite how fugly Deus is, they have done a good job with the series. Maybe it was the blood and gruesome murders but yeah, I'm digging it nonetheless. They have also successfully portrayed Yuno as bat shit insane girl that she actually is, even more so than in the manga which makes this show so much fun to watch. Character designs wise, asread has done an exceptional job.
I do not know most of the casts for the main characters though but fear not because they are obviously professionals so no worries there either. Mirai Nikki series has a good story based to begin with and I'm just glad that asread didn't screw this one up. For the first time I think the anime was better than the manga.

Time flies when you are having fun and before I knew it, there's Murumuru showing us how she recruited the Third. She's cute. There I said it!

There are 25 more episodes to go and I hope the gore and blood will not just be a tease. I'm a fan.

arts & animation 8/10
story 8/10
characters 9/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 8.6/10

4 comments:

I was wondering if I should try it or not. But after your review I will definetely try :-)

don't kill me if you ended up not liking is XD

well the manga was good, but it's hard to think of a reason why I'd watch the anime after reading the manga. I don't care for gore.

I stopped reading the manga which is why I am glad asread picked this up otherwise I wouldn't know that it is this good. Gore is my everyday staple :P

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...