01 October 2011

Boku, Otaryman (OVA)

Boku, Otaryman is an adaptation of a manga with the same title. The OVA is a 35 minutes episode that was released in Winter 2010.

There are few segments in the episode. Some of them are just something that I have seen and definitely can relate to. The first one is him dealing with the rookie (a female) in his office. I found it hilarious because I know quite a few people who are just like him in real life. They just phailed at communicating without making themselves look like a pervert. The second one is about him having a three day weekend and the only thing he can think of is spending it at home - alone. LOL that's so me. And then there's him with his moe thingy. That reminds me of someone oh gosh T__T

moefag

The story itself is pretty much straight forward. There is nothing complicated about it. It is pretty much about a life story of an ordinary salaryman or to be exact, the life of the author of the manga, Yoshitani. The manga and thus this OVA can be considered as his autobiography. In real life he is working as a system engineer but is a little bit of an otaku as well.

As if to compliment the simple plot, the art and animation too is very minimal but for some reason I love it. It just work for Boku Otaryman. Also, the show stared two very famous seiyuus, Mamoru Miyano and Rie Kugimiya and thanks to them both (Mamoru even more so than Rie), the show is quite lively indeed.

pervert

Maybe because I can relate to this show indirectly that makes this OVA acceptable. It isn't as funny as I thought it would be but thankfully the jokes gradually pick up towards the end. To be honest, this show just reminds me of certain qualities that I hate to see in a man. In a way, I think the slogan fits perfectly and best describes the show: "This is a story of a salaryman who has absolutely no possibilities for dreams, hopes or love". Unless they want to change then it truly is hopeless.

art & animation 7/10
story 5/10
characters 5/10
sound 8/10
enjoyment 6/10
overall 6.2/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...