03 August 2011

First Impression: Blade

To be honest, I have never read Blade thus I am not a fan of it and I am sure it's not wise to rely on the Hollywood adaptation of Blade either, which I only watched bits and parts of it. So my knowledge about Blade is very limited indeed. I doubt that I will be watching this show but true to my words, I am still going to check out all the anime (except that anime regarding boobs) just to satisfy my inner tard.


I have completely forgotten the fact that this show have something to do with Vampires. That's how empty my mind is going in.

Eric Brooks is the hero. His nickname is Blade because he used it to slay the vampires. He himself is half human and half vampire. He got the genes through spits. I couldn't help but snickered. That's a gay way to become a half vampire in my opinion. Her mom died in the process and naturally he seeks vengeance and has been killing vampire ever since. His purpose it too find the four fangs vampire that killed his mom, Deacon Frost.

I would have probably feel less pissed off if the vampires that he killed turned to dust instead of burst into flame in a matter of seconds. That is just bullshit, man. I feel cheated. Or maybe I am just being a nitpick asshole, as I usually do ^_^

The show is not about him only though. There's also a vampire hunter chic name Makoto who goes to work accompanied by her dad. As she fights, the show gets more ridiculous. With just a kick, the vampires all burst into flame and thus so easily defeated. Jeebus, this show is treating me like I'm a kid.

I hated it.

Needless to say, this one is another adaptation by Madhouse. I still think X-Men is probably the only adaptation that they didn't butcher so badly. The others were a bunch of shit, including this one.

Oh Madhouse... just why?

arts and animation 5/10
story 4/10
characters 5/10
sound 5/10
enjoyment 4/10
overall 5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...