19 July 2011

First Impression: No. 6

One of the noitaminA anime for the Summer. It was released the last two weeks but I was too damn busy with shits that I have only got the time to watch it now. Better late than never I guess. I wonder if I ever going to manage checking out the remaining 15 anime of the Summer season =\

(c) Sarnath

No.6 is actually a name of a city that kinda reminds me of Fractale since it's supposed to be the ideal city but just like most place, there are always shits going on underneath the perfect facade. Chronos is the most luxurious part of the city where the most intelligent people resides. That's where Shion lives since he's proven to be a genius.

Though Shion life looks to be perfect on the outside, the show portrays that he might not be content at all. On his twelve birthday, a typhoon hits the city and on that fateful night, he met his fateful counterpart (I'm fulfilling my fantasies, ignore me :P), Nezumi, a boy his age who ran away from some sort of a military based operation. He was wounded so Shion treated him. He learned a few things or two from Nezumi, like No.6 is not really as peaceful as he thought it was.

Though the characters aren't as fluid or pretty as I hope it would be, they are still full of personalities and dare I say, soul. Credits to the seiyuus for making them come alive with their voices. In the preview, they looks like Allen and Yuu Kanda from D.Grayman but they don't look anything like them in this first episode. In fact, Shion hair color is brunette and not white. At least not yet anyway.

If noitaminA tag isn't enough to convince me to watch this show (which it is), the BL and yaoi fanarts scattered around the interweb sure does the trick. But No.6 is more than just appearance, everything else about it is engaging which is why I am so gonna follow this one, as I have stated in my Summer preview. I wonder if I should do an episodic review? Hmm...

art and animation 8/10
story 9/10
characters 9/10
sound 10/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 9/10

p/s: I freaking love the ED ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...