03 July 2011

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: Matsuri

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu is a two episodes OVA that was released in Winter of 2010. The focus of this OVA is the "Refresh Festival" that the students of the Academy looking forward to having every year. The students from Class 2-F are no exception.

(c) einlee

However, their enthusiasm level are just like their IQ level. While everyone was busy preparing for the festival, they are merrily playing baseball. They begin to take things seriously when they found out that Himeji might be transferred if they do not do something about the class condition so naturally everyone is fire up. There is no way they are going to allow the only sweet girl in class to leave them. That would make Hideyoshi their only source of fapping. So they all decide to do a fusion of Chinese-European cafe.

Damn, Hideyoshi looks so damn fuckable in that chinese cheongsam

But that's all for day one (episode 1). In day two, they have to join the Exam Summoning Contest and they will only get to keep their money from the sales if they win the contest. Oh well, I refused to let the cat out of the bag. Watch the rest of it yourself to find out. I've spoiled enough.

I am just happy knowing that the OVA still stick to it's own brand of comedy that managed to make me laugh my ass off. Again the characters play a big part in making this OVA enjoyable. Will I ever get tired of their antics? I doubt it. Kudos to the design team and the seiyuus for keeping this characters in character.

This OVA, unlike it's prequel, is solely produced by Silver Link with no help from FUNimation what so ever. Worry not though because you won't notice any different in term of overall feel of the show.


I'm not a fan of the OP much which was sang by Aso Natsuko because it's too bubbly for me. It reminds me of Himeji and I am not exactly fond of people like her. Too pink for my taste which is why I am a fan of the ED. Did you see the above video? It's called I hate Mondays by Milktub and I totally dig it the first time I heard it. Who doesn't hates Monday, right?

I often said that I like certain anime because I can relate to either the story or the characters. I can't relate to any of that when it comes to this show but I still managed to enjoy every damn minutes of it. Good humor pawns relevancy.

If you are a fan of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu like yours truly, it is best that you watch this OVA because it will quench your thirst for this series temporarily. Luckily we are going to have another season in a few weeks time though. Can't wait for that to start my summer.

art 8/10
story 8/10
sound 9/10
character 10/10
enjoyment 9/10
overall 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...