19 October 2010

I ended up talking about myself - Ore no Imouto go Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai: Episode 3

(c) tsuruta hitomi

I heard a lot of things about Ore no Imouto go Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai this week so naturally I look forward to episode 3. I hope this week is as good if not better as last week's episode.

Kirino kinda reminds me of myself when she went to Akiba and bought the limited edition figures. I would buy and think later when it comes to the character that I am obsessed with (example: Ritsu). But if I need to compare myself with the most relate-able character in OreImo, who have the same kind of taste in anime and the way she lives her life "normally", I have to say Kuroneko.

I love how they interact with each other at Akiba. It just show how passionate they are with their anime, despite the difference in tastes. I'm sure that many of us have been in the same situation before, debating about stuffs and arguing about which anime/character/genre/seiyuu/etc is the best. But at the end of the day, we are all feel fulfilled because we got to share our passion with someone else who is just as crazy.

But this is not what the episode is about. Episode 3 is about Kirino trying to get out of the closet and come clean with her parent of her real hobbies. I think she's a tad envious that Kuroneko and Giant Girl can be so honest about it with their families. I don't think she's ready though, judging by her reaction when her dad found out about the eroge. I don't blame her dad. Any parent would freak out when they found something erotics.

So it was Kousuke's responsibility as her brother to take the fall. I gotta hand it to him though. If it was me, I wouldn't even bother from the beginning. She smacked him right in the face for trying to help her, FFS. I would probably just let her solved her own fucking insecurities problems.

But of course. I have to put my blame on the media for creating general public perspective that anime is bad influence for kids. I mean, even in Malaysia, one of the state has already banned anime. I say that the general public needs to be educated. That is why I am constantly talking about anime whenever I got the chance and is basically very open about it. Having said that, I'm known for being perverted because of it. LOL

In Kirino's case, it also has something to do with the word "otaku". In any other part of the world, that word has totally different meaning and implications. Some, like in the US, even take that word as complimentary hence why many bloggers flaunt that words in naming their blog. In Japan however, that word is considered derogatory and always connected with negativity. So naturally her dad will freak out, just because he is the typical Japanese dad trying to raise a typical Japanese family. Kousuke explained it to her nicely.

If it was me, I won't go on a tantrum like Kirino did, crying about it like a spoiled brat. Truth be told, sometimes my parents are worried about me. I spend my free time in front of the computer watching anime instead of going on a date or socializing. I spend thousand of dollars buying figures. They don't understand it so I do get scolded once or twice about wasting my life with these stuff but I just shrugged it off. I still talk about anime and still buy figures and other merchandises. I understand that they can't help but worried about that kind of stuff since it is what parent does, but they also have to understand who I am as a person/human being. I know I'm not getting younger but at least I know I'm living my life the way I want to live it. I didn't turn out as a hypocrite. That's how I see Kirino atm.

She should just stand up to his dad and be frank about it, just like Kousuke did in her stead. It rather annoys me though. Kousuke imo kinda over did it. If I was the dad, I would probably kick him out of my house for being so annoying.

But for all his trouble, Kirino finally called him "aniki' so in the end it was worth it for the perverted Kousuke.

(c) yanagida shita

On a side note, I thought it was rather sweet of Kousuke talking to his "girlfriend" before bed times and how they kinda understand each other without having to say much. I think we have something going on here. He is obviously oblivious about her feelings but I am rather excited to find out whether or not he will notice it at the end. If he does, then will he accept her? Gosh, I am really into romance this season, aren't I? So why am I not liking the romance in Bakuman?


6 comments:

I bet this episode will turn out to have had the best father-son fist-fight all season!

because it's the only anime that has family theme with actual father and son in it?

May have to take a look at this series. From the read, it does sound quite interesting - not sure.

If you look at the blogsphere, everyone is talking about this show. It is interesting. Whether or not it is good, is up for you to decide.

Agreed that Kyousuke overdid it too especially with the eroge part.
As for Kirino, I don't think she's entirely ready yet to let her friends know about her hobby, and that's totally fine.
Anyways, my parents sometimes worry about my hobby too...

Kirino must learn how to deal with the snide. It all comes with the package. I mean, everyone thinks I'm watching hentai all the time because they think that is all anime is about. This is one of the misconceptions that has been around for ages.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...