12 October 2010

First Impression: The World God Only Knows

(c) wakiki tamiki

Hmm, this is the show about games huh? I doubt I can relate to this show since I don't play games. But I can relate about human interaction and relationship. We all can. Hopefully this won't be just another one of those disappointing show I've seen so far.

This show is about a high school kid named Katsuragi Keima who is an expert on "dating" games and loves only the 2D girls. One day he received a request to conquer a mysterious girl and being the God of Conquest, he accepted the challenge. Little did he know, that girl was a devil sent from hell and he has to help her collects loose souls, according to the contract. If he breeches the contract, OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Heh. The only way to gather the loose souls is ts to make them fall in love with him. Easy enough right? Wrong, because he only knows how to do it in games. We all know 2D and 3D don't mixed. And thus how the hilarity ensued.

I would have like it more if they actually really did fall for each other rather than just sharing a kiss and the girl lost memory of the conquest. Jeebus, this is actually the second anime this season that I find decent even with the underlying romance theme in it. I am getting soft for sure...


In term of art and animation, it was average at best. Nothing really stands out. Even the main characters looks like average Joe.

The OP kinda have that dark and mysterious qualities to it. I kinda like it. The ED is forgettable though. Katsurugi sounds very familiar until I can pin point where I heard that voice from. He sounds just like Akihisa in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu so Hiro Shimono must be his seiyuu too then. The other seiyuus did a great job overall.

I enjoyed this one so I'll look forward to episode 2. If they keep switching girls (like I know they would), I will probably found this show less and less appealing as it goes.

art & animation 7/10
story 6/10
character 6/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 7/10
overall 6/10

4 comments:

Manga is way better.

The one thing I hated was how un-dramatic it was compared to the manga. In the manga, when the main hero says "I can already see the ending!" he does so with awesome bad-ass crazy flair and sick-nasty awesomeness. But in the anime, he just kind of mumbles it. That pissed me off, because I was looking forward to that moment more than anything. BLEH.

I still liked it though because I'll eat up anything J.C. Staff throws at me (except that maid shit).

Too bad I don't have time to pick up a new manga :(

Somehow this series already has a second season announcement. http://www.moetron.com/2010/10/05/the-world-god-only-knows-season-2-date-leaked/

I wasn't really impressed by the first episode, but if people are enjoying it, who am I to say otherwise?

second season already? Jeebus O_O

I want my the second season of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and Working!! NIAO!!!!! ><

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...