16 April 2010

First Impression: Angel Beats


So this is a story about afterlife.


Yeah. Blood. Lost of it. Apparently when you die, you'll still bleed. I already read some of the reviews and they don't have anything nice to say about it. Dammit, now I have to watch this because of the blood.

Why am I so obsessed with blood?!

Err... I really don't get why people are hating this. Sure the animation was bad. It was like watching a bad hentai only that no one is fucking in this one. But the script was pretty decent when it tried to be funny.

A friend of mine wanted so badly to see this because he said it reminded him of Haruhi Suzumiya. I think he's freaking nuts because I can't see the resemblance. If he's talking about the bossy female lead, well, there are lots of other anime with bossy female lead in that he can make an example of. I don't forgive him for lumping this shit with Haruhi Suzumiya.

Wait, did I say shit? It wasn't a total shit I guess but definitely not the best one this season. The line up characters are amusing at least and good enough to keep me interested? Except for Yuri. The others were OK. And if I need a reason to watch this, I found one. Otonashi seiyu is Hiroshi Kamiya, the same person that does Orihara Izaya and Kou Ichinomiya.

And I was surprise when out of nowhere there is this girl band performing a song. This is better than K-ON!!


I'm gonna lump this with B Gata H Kei for my first impression. Or maybe better? Heh

art & animation 6/10
story 7/10
characters 6/10
sound 7/10
enjoyment 7/10
overall 7/10

2 comments:

Ah, someone sides with me about Yuri not being Haruhi! The backstories are just too drastically different - entirely different bases for the characters.
Better than K-ON indeed. Bleeding in death is another one of its myriad mysteries - where do you go once you die in Soul Society?
Don't answer that btw, we've been there too many times before >.>

Once you die in Soul Society, your soul dispersed and you'll be reborn in the real world.

oh wait, you don't want me to answer that ^^"

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...