07 January 2010

First Impression: Sora no Woto


Meet Kanata,Yui's twin sister. Well not really but you can probably see where this is going. Yeah, it's the serious version of K-ON!

We have the characters line up who looks the same, more or less, but maybe with a little bit more personalities. Not much but it definitely make a lot of difference. Kinda. Says a lot about K-ON now doesn't it?

Anyway, from what I have seen so far, they kinda have a story/plot. Looks like Kanata is looking for her mom, Rio (she's Mio in reality but with personality) has some very deep issue about something something that has to do with the bell, which by the way is the same bell that Kanata saw when she was a kid. They don't revealed much of anything. But they did introduced Phyllicia who looks like she's Tsumugi's twin sister and Kureha who looks like the hyper version of Azusa. There is only one character that seemingly has no relation to K-ON! and that is Noel. I like her right away.


These women/girls are assigned at the town of Seize. Their duty is to... blow the trumpet/horn in the morning? I don't fucking know man... but they kinda told the history of the village, something about the Fire Lady sacrificing herself to kill the wing demon. Rio was chosen to play the Fire Lady part in the festival.

Whatever.

Kalafina sings the OP song. Not really a fan of her but maybe the song will grow on me. I really like the insert song though and wasn't really paying attention to the ED.

I probably would continue watching So.Ra.no.Wo.To just like I did with K-ON! So far I am not impressed by what I have seen nor am I pissed about it. It really is just a feeling of indifference. The same when I was watching the episode. It just monotonous from start to finish *yawns*

art 7/10
story 6/10
sound 7/10
character 5/10
enjoyment 5/10
overall 6/10

2 comments:

I'm afraid to start this, knowing full well that it has any semblance at all to K-On.

i don't recommend it.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...