04 December 2009

Toriko


I remember taking a peek at the manga and thought it was meh and dropped it after the first few pages. When I saw that ufotable has produced the anime, I gotta see it if only to satisfy my curiosity.

Toriko is about a man (the manga was named after him) who travels the world in search of the most rare ingredients, be it a talking vegetables or an 8 legged fish. The ingredients obviously are for his dish.

In this Special episode, Komatsu, a head chef of a restaurant hired Toriko to catch the Galara Croc for his dishes. So they went to Baron Island to hunt it down. It was an epic showdown between the croc and Toriko. In the end, through the circumstances, they became something that akin to partner.

As expected of the show, the characters were nothing deep. They are no mysteries. Their personality and what not should all be taken at face value.

Toriko

As the name suggested, he is the front man of this show. He craves for challenges to create the perfect full course menu. He kills all his foods bare handed and they aren't your typical food size foods either! You see, Toriko is a GAR chef who happens to have a very high skillz in hunting. When I said GAR, I mean he can sparks-fire-just-by-snapping-his-fingers GAR.

Komatsu

Komatsu is Toriko partner. He is the comic relief in this show but I don't need to tell you that. The picture above kinda self-explained what his role is. He wants to travel with Toriko so that he can improves his culinary skills.

The art and animation are nothing special. They are something we have seen before countless of time. They used really bright colors to emphasize the surroundings. Just look at Toriko's hair. The action sequences too did not impress me. They phailed to make Toriko as the kishin. He should have looked more menacing. The production took the easy way out but meh that happened all the time, even with Fairy Tail.

The seiyuus are okay in my opinion but again, they did not impress me. Neither did the OP or ED theme.


The video manga of Toriko. See that static image on the left? That's how Toriko should looked like when he went for a kill


Art 6/10
Story 6/10
Sound 6/10
Characters 6/10
Enjoyment 7/10
Overall 6/10

3 comments:

On a completely unrelated note, I something has me upset, and I thought you might like to see what:

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/108296/sun-maid-girl-makeover-sparks-controversy.html?mod=family-love_money

What the... I don't want to eat SunMaid raisins anymoar!! >_<

Doesn't look like something I'd be interested in...
I don't like the character designs.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...