05 November 2009

500 Days of Summer


So I got the urged to watch something romantic thanks to Nate. I have been postponing to watch this movie since Monday because the lack of sleep prevented me. Long story short, I only managed to watch it yesterday.

I have no effing clue what the movie is about. I checked the movie showing in the cinema and since it is the only romantic movie around, I set my eyes on it. This is good though. I like walking into a theater with no expectation what so ever. At least when it sucks, it sucks and I won't get disappointed or whatever because having high expectation on certain things might crushed my innocent inner-self when it turned out like it was made out of shit.

500 Days of Summer is definitely not in that category though. I like the flamboyant style from a guy's perspective on how it feels like to fall in love or to be in love. You can definitely see that Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is so deeply madly heads over heals in love with Summer (Zooey Deschanel). It will touches your heart.

Or maybe it touches mine because... fuck... this movie hit so fucking damn close to home. It was like watching me on the big screen (less attractive, duh) because Summer IS me, except for the marrying part in the end. That is exactly who/how I am when it comes to relationship. After I saw how broken Tom was after Summer ended their relationship, I was feeling incredibly guilty to the guys that I dumped. Fuck, I think I almost shed a tear (keyword: almost) and was ready to repent O_o

It ended like it should though so that calmed me down from a strange fit of passion. So all is well even though it kinda get me thinking if I will ever find someone that has what it was that I couldn't found from the guys that I dumped.

Who knows...

Like the poster said, this is a story about love which is why I was fascinated by it

Anyway, about the movie: I like it. The comedy was brilliantly done and both Joseph and Zooey did a good job at interpreting the characters to make it appear so nonchalant and yet believable at the same time. Oh I'm a fan of the OST now too.



I want to have a chance to feel like this too. To be foolishly and happily in love.

Go and watch it with your boyfriend/girlfriend. It will makes you want to go to Ikea afterwards :)

5 comments:

I first decided to watch this movie because I thought Zooey Deschanel is super cute... like really really cute. The movie is amazing, and it just made me fall in love with her.

Anyway, I know what you mean about Ikea. ^ ^

Zooey Deschanel is gorgeous! The movie made me fall in love with her too... :3

Haven't watch this since I'm not that into romantic movies but maybe I should give this a try. Thanks for the recommendation. =)

I'm going to recommend this to a die-hard Ikea loyalist friend of mine. Lol!

Drats! The Open-Id function doesn't bother looking up your nickname.
*Points up*

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...