28 October 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball

For some reason my head was so full of shit yesterday, it makes me want to drop everything and go see a movie or something to reset the brain mechanism. So I did exactly that. As it was spur of the moment thingy, I just went to the theater and purchase the ticket for whichever movie that was playing next, which was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball.


I came with little to no expectation at all. I don't know anything about this movie (I is totally out of the loop with the Hollywood movie industry now, sadly?) neither do I know that it was an adaptation.


Clearly this film was made for kids (because of the book etc etc) so it remained lighthearted from beginning to end. But whatever. It was funny with comedy that has not only unique senses of humor but a subtle mature humor to cater to the adults as well.


The film center on Flint Lockwood, an aspiring scientist who create inventions that (typically) cause problems to the Swallow Falls until one day lo and behold he (accidentally) successfully made a food machine that turns water into food which rain from the sky. This of course is such a boon for Swallow Falls because ever since their sardine industry flop, all they had been eating is sardines. The ego-maniacal mayor of the small town quickly recognized this as an opportunity to make himself big and famous, changed the town name to Chewandswallow and re-branding it as a tourist attraction. And as predicted, something went wrong: the foods mutate and start to attack the world, starting of course at Chewanswallow. It's up to Flint and his trusted fellow to stop the catastrophe.


This film definitely make up for the phailure of Open Season and Surf's up. Good job Sony.

So I guess the bottom line is I enjoyed it.

Now I want to eat some steak.

4 comments:

Goddammit, now Im hungry >_<

I'm afraid of watching this, because, like Snark, it will cause me to eat everything. (like literally everything....I don't phuck around).

lol goddamit Glo, you're making me fall for you with all the GLOrious names <3

So hungry for meatballs now.
Anyway, probably not going to watch this any time soon though. Not too big into these family movies.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...