13 July 2007

Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix

As a Harry Potter fan I am definitely not going to pass up the opportunity to see Order of the Phoenix. To tell you the truth, I am not a fan of its book initially. When I first read it, I was really fed-up with Harry's bitter attitude. Then the Half Blood Prince was released. As it's released was nearly one year after, I read Order of the Phoenix again and for some reason or the other, this time I was hooked!

Harry Potter's fans would have known that the fifth installment of the series is the darkest of all. I am happy to report that the movie does not veered too far off from the book. The director successfully compacted everything in to a 2 and a half hour movie without loosing its initial focus.

There are several scenes that I think could be improved. For example, when Harry saw Snape's memory of his father, it just ends there. The other is the fighting scene between the Order of Phoenix and the Death Eater was too short and wasn't displayed in details. Also of Harry and Cho's snog scene: eeeuww! (I don't like Cho) :p

Further more I was a tad disappointed that this movie was all about Harry where in the book it wasn't so. I was actually looking forward to see Ron playing the Quiditch as a captain while Hermoine and Harry went to see the giant. Also more of the Weasley's twins mischievous acts, and Luna eccentric behavior. This movie also failed to mention the fling between Ron and Hermione.

But that is that I guess. Two more movies and a book to finish off the adventure of Harry, Ron and Hermione. Already looking forward for Half Blood Prince!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...