13 July 2013

First Impression: Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei

I quickly judged that this show cannot deliver what it promised based on the studio and the plot that I read from the preview. However, I heard a lot of good things been said about this show on twitter so I guess I was wrong?

So naturally I'm looking forward to check this out.

(c) Mico

Well, the start of the show is definitely intriguing. You don't get to see that everyday. But it quickly goes down hill from there. The plot isn't actually original. How many times have we read/watch something similar where they gathered bunch of kids in one place and forced them to kill each other in order to survive, in this case, get out of the school.

The characters are not really special either. I feel like the anime is mocking me with the character designs. Some of the personalities are OK I guess but just take a look at the protagonist for example. He's weak as fuck and it is really annoying. One of the guy, the most meaty one at that, wears a girl's uniform. Just what the hell? Is this anime supposed to be funny or serious? It can't be both at the same time. Sadly though it seems like the studio can't decide to be which and just go with it.

Urgh I'm still mad that they chose someone that weak to be the protagonist.

Let's just hope that shit will get better with the upcoming episode. I'm sure one of them will snap and kill. Maybe then this show will appeal to me. You know, blood and all.

Episode: 13
Aired: Summer 2013
Producers: Lerche

arts & animation 6/10
story 5/10
characters 6/10
sound 7/10
enjoyment 5/10
overall 5.8/10

2 comments:

"Urgh I'm still mad that they chose someone that weak to be the protagonist."

Couldn't agree with you more. And it's one the biggest reasons I hated Accel World. I don't get the appeal of a weak main character, is he supposed to be relatable or something? After the first couple episodes he hasn't really gotten much better. Hope that changes.

Yeah, I wasn't so sure why the heck they stick with weak main character, especially in harem. It's ridiculous.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...