05 June 2013

First Impression: Aku no Hana

I have no idea what to expect from this show. I have tuned out most of the things that were said about it on twitter. I just don't want any kind of spoiler. When I wrote the preview, I said that this show has potential to be good since I have no idea what it is going to be about which most of the time, is a good thing for me, since I do not appreciate cliche. Let see whether this will end up to be good or retarded.

(c) pixiv id 6015554

I got goosebumps all over when I watched this. It's unusually good.

I love that it's not pretentious with the animation, or the interaction between the characters. I love the fact that the protagonist is male who loves to read. I love the creepy ED and I also like the fact that it managed to stay mysterious throughout the episode.  It just makes me craving for more.

I am not sure what the public consensus about this show is since I'm late at watching it but I really don't care. It's quite an unorthodox anime and I love weird and heavy shit like this.

I was right. AWWW YIISSSSS.

Episode: 13
Aired: Spring 2013
Producers: Zexcs

arts & animation 9/10
story 9/10
characters 9/10
sound 9/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 9.2/10

2 comments:

There is a lot about this show that I think is great. I love that ending, too. In fact the BGM is fascinating, and I love the way the show moves so slowly at times, with just that minimalist music playing.

OTOH, I hate watching awkward people being awkward. I'm an awkward person, and I feel awkward more than enough, so watching others being awkward is like re-experiencing the worst part of my life right when I am trying to forget about it. Unfortunately this show's protagonist is extremely awkward, and I had to drop the show after 5 episodes.

In sum: VERY well executed, but not the show for me.

Oh you dropped it just when it's about to get good, where the protaganist, just like you, is trying NOT to be awkward. I suggest you pick it up again. It will blow your fucking mind.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...