24 July 2012

First Impression: Oda Nobuna no Yabou

I find myself attracted to anything historical as of late. First it was the Shinsengumi era, then the Nobunaga era. Besides, this one is produced by Madhouse so I expect something tolerable if not great. I did change my mind about it when I saw the character designs so at least they have done something right there.

Ambition of Oda Nobuna is pretty much like any other anime that evolves around Nobunaga: of conquering Japan with his/her sidekick and enemies. In this show though, there is the added element from the future which is Sagara Yoshiharu, a really good looking boy, who somehow ended up in the era and is helping out Nobuna. I'm pretty sure they will end up together eventually but I just can't seem to care.

though I don't mind reading the doujinshi about these two =\

The comedy was cheap and borderline stupid. Most of it comes from the over-reaction from Yoshiharu. The story was weak and doesn't has anything new to add for this genre of anime. Basically I was disappointed.

But like I said, at least Madhouse does something right with the character designs, animation and the whole shebang. They were above average. Too bad the story failed to add value to the arts and animation otherwise this could have been tolerable for me.

Which means I am dropping this show without any regrets whatsoever. I'm not saying that it is shit though. It's just not my cup of tea.

Episodes: tbc
Aired: Summer 2012
Genres: Comedy, Historical, Romance

arts & animation 8/10
story 4/10
characters 7/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 5/10
overall 6/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...