03 July 2012

First Impression: Arcana Famiglia

For the first five minutes of the show, I was cringing with disappointment. I thought the setup of the story was too bland as J.C. Staff chose to introduce the Arcana Family through some street brawling. It wasn't impressive at all. Even more so when I found out that this show is categorized as romance and shoujo. I was expecting some good action shounen anime >_>

Regilo is an island that is protected by the vigilante association that call themselves the Arcana Famiglia. The head of the organization is know as "Papa" and he has a daughter who is also part of the gang. Her name is Felicita. The top family members received or rather make a bond with some Arcana card that allows them to use it's power. On his birthday, Mondo decided to let go of his Papa title by picking the winner of the Arcana duel. Those who wins will also get to married Felicita and hence some conflict occurred since she's not willing. This is when her knights in shining armor came to the rescue.






(c) HuneX


I am sure there will be somewhat a love triangle in this story between Liberta, Felicita and Nova. Though it would be funny if all the males become her harem since they are way too old for her.

I do not feel anything towards any of the characters in this show though I thought that Pace is rather cute. Then again, I am always biased when knowing that Sugita Tomokazu is his seiyuu.

Speaking of which, all the seiyuu did a pretty excellent job since they fit with their characters so well. At least this doesn't add to the bitter disappointment of the story itself. Having said that, the OP and the ED are not good at all. I though the ED was rather annoying to be honest.

As for the animation, I was expecting something great if not mind blowing since this is J.C. Staff we are talking about. The end product however was just another average looking anime. I hope the quality of the show improves as the story gets more serious (hopefully).

I can't say that I didn't enjoy the show but on the other hand it is something that is so average, I feel like I have watched the same shit before. It almost put me to sleep. 

Episodes: 12
Aired: Summer 2012
Producers: J.C. Staff, Sentai Filmworks

arts & animation 6/10
story 6/10
characters 7/10
sound 7/10
enjoyment 6/10
overall 6.4/10


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...