18 October 2011

First Impression: Chihayafuru

To be honest, I have no idea what Karuta is. I don't think there are other similar anime out there so I am pretty excited knowing that this show has the potential of being a pioneer and original so here I am going to try and watch this show with an open mind *cross fingers that I won't get annoyed by the female protagonist*

(c) pixiv id 2873428

Heh, I should have not worry at all. I like Chihaya Ayase on the get go, which in my case is pretty spectacular. I just know then that this show will be different.

Chihaya Ayase is awesome. She's pretty but she never flaunts it. She is absent minded but not a bimbo and her attitude is what makes me likes her so much. She wants to create a Kurata club at her high school but no one is interested. Not even her childhood friend from elementary school, Taichi Mashima, who obviously has a hot for Chihaya. Chihaya on the other hand sort of admires another childhood friend of hers that makes her fell in love with Kurata: Arata Wataya. Arata was also the one who makes Chihaya realizes to have her own dreams.

It doesn't take long for me to like Arata either though Taichi is charming in his own way. However, I don't appreciate him for holding a grudge against Arata just because he is too coward to come clean with his feelings towards Chihaya.

Whoaa wait a minute Klux. Hold on to your horses. We are not that far in the story yet :P

I wanna shake the hands of Madhouse production crews for adapting and making anime of this series. I would not have known Chihayafuru otherwise because it is just my unspoken rule not to read shoujo. Though they are yet to explain what Kurata is, I found myself not give a damn anymore. This story of friendship, passion and dreams is well written and brilliantly directed. Damn, I'm already addicted.

Watching Chihayafuru makes me feels like I have found a new love. This show took me by surprise, pleasantly so. The feelings that it gives is just something that money can buy and thus why this has taken Kimi to Boku's first place for my favorite anime of the season so far.

arts & animation 10/10
story 10/10
characters 10/10
sound 10/10
enjoyment 10/10
overall 10/10

5 comments:

I completely agree! Chihaya is awesome. I identify with Arata, because I was the nerdy kid with glasses that got bullied in school. Taichi is a jerk, but it is a very compelling study of a jerk.

"...to have her own dreams."

Dammmmnn you had me until then.....

Seriously though, if I like the female lead then I will like any anime. Female leads are my catalyst. That being said, would I, Glothelegend and shoujo non-liker, enjoy this anime or not?

NOTE: I am currently reading a shoujo that has an awesome lead female character, but the manga isn't really good. Yet, I can't stop reading it. The manga is called Akuka to Love Song. The main female is awesome. She just says whatever she wants and everyone hates her. She rules.

I hate how shoujo manga is drawn it looks like a frilly dress I just want to punch a hole through shoujo manga. I might write a post called, "I Want to Punch a Hole Through Shoujo Manga." Fuck it. Doing it.

Maybe.

There are two type of guys that I wanna fap to. (a) a bad boy (b) a nerdy guy with glasses. Granted that they ought to look pleasing but yeah, this means I love all three protagonists of this show.

Glo, don't make me fooled you. When she had that realization, she was only around 10 years old and that's why Arata has a big impact on her life. I am not sure whether I want to recommend you this show but I think you have to watch at least the first episode. I think it would be a waste if you did not. Besides, I really want to hear what you thought of it.

Chihaya is more or less like the lead female character in that manga you mentioned. She just says the first thing that comes to her mind which probably why I can relate to her. She rules and with that beauty, you know she's gonna be awesome.

The way shoujo manga is drawn is probably one of the reasons why i hated it so much but thankfully Madhouse is awesome at the adaptation and tone it down a notch.

Watched the first episode. Reminds me a lot of Hanasaku Iroha, which I loved. The animation is great, and I think that love triangle of the main three is gonna develop into some real awesomeness. Plus they made Kurata look bad ass.

Correction: Arata made Kurata look bad ass :D

I'm glad you like it and I crave for a love triangle XD

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...