11 August 2011

First Impression: Kamisama Dolls

Watching the first minute of the episode got me so confused. The distress that they want to portray definitely shines through for I do not know what the fuck is going on. Maybe because I don't expect to see mecha in this show. Blame me for ignoring the synopsis and other posts regarding this show to avoid spoilers.

(c) Robata

/distraction/ Damn have you seen the rack on Hibino Shiba? WTF with that melon. Naturally every males want to get their dick in between those things, including our protagonist, Kyouhei Kuga.

Kyouhei is from a small village that has some sort of mecha as their familiar. They called themselves Seki, those who share their heart with the mecha. Aki, was locked up after the massacre but when he knows that Kyouhei has moved to Tokyo, he escaped the village. Utao, their little sister comes to stop him but is no match. She ends up blowing the house to piece which forces Kyouhei to move with Hibino. Chance!

Aki has made me suspicious of the village, even more so when Kyouhei called himself their slaves even though he left it. It seems like the shrine is like where all the orders come from and they are absolute. I see why Aki is rebelling now.

They called the mecha as god (kamisama) and the person who controls it as dolls thus Kamisama Dolls.

Surprisingly I like this show a lot. It's not anything like I have expected.

I played this episode without any real expectation but the murder and blood has got me a tad excited. The fact that one of the family member massacred the village just pretty much sealed the deal.

(c) Pixiv ID 160278

I just have a thing for a white hair male character: Gin, Accelerator, Gintoki, Xerxes Break and Zero Kiryuu to name a few. Most of the time they are archetype of sinister yet cunning and sometimes emo characters. I will often turns to goo with such character presents.

art & animation 7/10
story 7/10
characters 7/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 8/10
overall 7/10


2 comments:

I really, really like Aki. He's been my favorite character so far. Well, him and this kid who shows up in like episode 4.

Thanks. Now I'm motivated to watch the rest of the episode and catch up to this one XD

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...