04 May 2011

Doushitemo Furetakunai

I'm on depressed mode. There is shit going on in my life that I rather not think about. I want to watch Gintama but not in the mood for anime at the moment so I choose to read some shounen-ai instead. A little BL goes a long way for me.


Doushitemo Furetakunai started off kinda different from the other BL/yaoi manga I have read before. It is definitely engaging. The dialogs are nonchalant yet funny at times. Not to mention that I like the drawings. When man looks like man, you know the mangaka got talent.

Now I have all these ideas in my head for my fanfics. Awesome.

Anyway it is about Shima-chan who is a quiet type of person and always looks like he's depressed. He got a job and met Togawa. It wasn't apparent, his liking but you eventually picked up the signals. The moments how they get together were sweet. The mangaka didn't push it.

All the kissing scenes are damn hot... *drools*


There is not much of a story if you don't have the element of drama. Shima is gay. He accepted that. Problem is Togawa is a straight guy and wants family with kids. I understand how Shima feels. You can't really choose who you want to fall in love with. You just did. Shima does not plan to fall in love with Togawa but he is not going to deny his feelings either. More power to Shima. Ah, he reminds me of myself ;_;


This manga deals with real emotions. Nothing is sugar coated. I have been there done that sort of things. That is probably why I love it so much. It doesn't try to be pretentious. It definitely has been a while that I see something real in BL. Most of the time, it is just too idealistic.

Good read, indeed. Now I am all happy and fapping ^__^

I know that feeling all too well, Onoda

For extra reading, check out After 9 Hours, After 10 Hours and The World with Colors. Here's a teaser ;)

*chuckles*

Story 10/10
Art 10/10
Characters 10/10
Enjoyment 10/10
Overall 10/10

4 comments:

This is one of my favorite YAOI STORIES!!!! Love it! What can I call it? Shoujo Yaoi?

more or less. I prefer calling it a romance yaoi manga though. It fits the bill.

Oh, I've been planning on reading this for a while. Thanks for giving me a reason to seek it out more...

Also, which one is Shima?

the one who is sullen looking and cries a lot

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...