19 January 2011

First Impression: Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne

The title is a mouth full, just like Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. I like to believe that this show is a parody of OreImou and made fun of that shit but I have my reservation. After all, just look at the list of shitty shows they produced this season >>

I don't even care about the twin tail and Ojou-sama

*sigh*

I know it was too good to be true. Fuck, I hate this kind of crap. I like my incest sometimes but this is unacceptable. Why must they go don't the fucking cliche route? Hmm, come to think of it, why am I so picky about incest? Incest is incest no matter what right? So why can I tolerate some incest (Baka to Test, Yosuga no Sora) and hate the rest (OreImou, SisXsis). This is a question that I need to ponder on.

Maybe because Nao is a tsundere. The reason why I can accept Sora's incestship is because she's honest with her feeling and doesn't act all tsun and dere about it. I'm the kind of person who is always honest with my feelings so I expect my characters to do the same. A little childish maybe but that's how my brain works.

Also, what the fuck is up with the penguins. Fucking morons. This show has enough craps as it is. It isn't that ecchi to bother with censorship like that. Adopted daughter? So they are going that route to make the incestship legal *facepalm*.

Nao is seriously disturbing as a character with brother complex. I said so because I can picture a real person doing that to his/her sister/brother. She wasn't even sad with the fact that her real parent are dead but rejoiced because she can now get married to her onii-chan. Seriously? The little things she does, like smelling her brother tee was just creepy. My corrupted brain begin imagining her fapping to her brother undergarment. I don't want that picture in my head, I'm telling you!

The character designs aren't my favorite. It reminds me of Cartoon Network's cartoon in a bad way. The animation was average and nothing else stand out about this show. I found the story annoying and so this is the last time I'm watching this shit.

Arts & Animation 5/10
Story 4/10
Characters 4/10
Sound 5/10
Enjoyment 5/10
Overall 5/10

8 comments:

All incest shows suck.

Which makes me wonder why they even go there.

so basically this anime is totally suck!

Yep. Shit that totally sucks

it's not that bad
oreimo was not that bad either

You're obviously high and didn't know any better

It was kinda nice to discover that much of your taste in the winter 2010 anime matches mine. Not that it means anything. But I'm a little disappointed that Mahou Shoujo Madoka was not among those you reviewed, as I believe it to be truly exceptional. Hope you didn't simply write it off (it ain't yer grandma's (Kuroko's) Mahou Shoujo anime). Ah nested parenthesis, gotta love em.

I notice you also left out Infinite Stratos and Freezing. That is all. Yeah, they are just that unimpressive (even if I do watch them) <-that was hard to admit. Still, I don't think either of those are any worse than Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls (splatter, splatter). And why did it feel like you were talking down to yuri fans with that review?

Ah well, that's all beside the point. After all, I'm leaving this comment under Oniichan blah blah for a reason right? Ah yes, thank you me, for that rhetorical question. Now lets return to the subject of how you screwed the pooch by failing to appreciate some of the best incest humor since - well I don't know. Japan is my only source of incest humor.

At this point I'm tempted to just write "it's funny idiot" and be done with it. But that doesn't really express the whys now does it? Alright, let me ask you candidly (yeah cuz normally I ask insincerely right?) (sorry, I'm partially insane) would a longish exposition into the er subtle nuances and metaphor of the whatnots involved actually change your impression?

Probably not. I would probably just come across (or akurosu) as a pedantic prick pushing his position based on an assumption of bad faith (see Sartre et al... or don't). So I'm left in a position of trying to explain a joke. And this is about as useful as trying to express meaning from abstract art. Because there is no inherent meaning, as it MUST be provide by the subject.

Damn. As I scan what I just wrote things sound more than a little abstract. I suppose that's my biggest problem with the world. Even the simplest ideas cannot be broken down into discrete terms. And most of the terms from which I would attempt to draw meaning are inherently tautological. I suppose there are fundamental limitations with language after all.

I'd best end now. But know that I will not surrender my position that Onii____ is funny stuff that's fun to watch. So have at thee! You Cirno of incest anime!

Thank you for the long reply. It makes me excited for no reason so it ended up as icing on the cake for my awesome weekend.

just know this, that I constantly bashing my head when people talk about Madoka. I so want to watch it unfortunately my free time keeps on getting shorter nowadays that I don't have time to even watch the first episode. I feel like I have phailed the anime-fan in me.

Looks like you have been around my blog (grandma Kuroko) and for that I humbly thank thee. And I did not talk down to yuri fans in my Hyakka Ryouran first impression post. All I'm saying, those ecchi stuff, with that so many girls, are definitely suited for yuri fans. Wait... why the fuck am I explaining shit to you? LOL

As for Onii-F, I just don't dig it, man. Maybe it was funny like you said but I think the concept of incest are being abused too much lately and that annoys the fuck out of me. And it wasn't just that. Like I said, the character designs canceled any fantasy of mine. They are fugly ffs.

cirno of incest huh? Just so you know I do like certain incest. If you read my blog, you'll know which incest shows I was talking about.

You need to try harder than this to convince me to watch Onii-F. Learn how to do that from Glo.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...