12 January 2011

First Impression: Beelzebub

Personally, this is one of the anticipated shows for winter just because I am reading the manga and I expect good things from it. On the other hand, I tend to stop watching shounen anime half way through because I got distracted by other anime or was simply too busy to catch up to the many episodes. It happens with Soul Eater and Fairy Tail although I still watch them occasionally when I'm in the mood.

Since I know what to expect from Beelzebub, I will be more critical when it comes to the adaptation. If they do this the shitty way, I will probably not going to watch it for the sake of shounen alone. But then again, I like Oga so maybe, just maybe, I'm gonna ignore the shortcomings of this one. I have to remember one thing though. This one is from Studio Peirrot. I shouldn't have high hopes for it.


I shouldn't explain what this show is about I guess since most of us already know the story from reading the manga and synopsis. What I'm doing here however is just pointing out some stuff about the show.

1. I know the manga has some comedy in it but the anime has totally took the comedy to a different level. This kinda reminds me of Gintama except that it can never be that awesome and should grovel down to one of the best anime of the decade.

2. Just like the comedy, they kinda over did it with the electricity shit as well. Or is that how it was in the manga too? I've stop reading after I learn that the anime is going to be released. Maybe I should really stick with the manga.

3. One thing doesn't change though. The baby is just as annoying as I remember him to be. I can't wait for him to grow up :3

4. Now that I've seen Furuichi got animated, I like him. He reminds me of Shinpachi, always the voice of reasons.

5. You know who would be perfect seiyuu for Oga? Sugita Tomokazu. Unfortunately, it's not so I'm just gonna be contented and pretend it was Sugita. Besides, Sugita does play a role in this one as Kanzaki. So it's all good.

Am I going to watch the next episode? Yes, I am. Was I impressed? No, I am not.

art & animation 6/10
story 6/10
characters 6/10
sound 6/10
enjoyment 6/10
overall 6/10

3 comments:

The manga only began in 2009, this worries me, long periods of time with no episodes. Guess they'll go the Zero no Tsukaima route, a season, a year or two, and another season...

I'm half-looking forward to this and half-not. I'll be watching tomorrow.

i think it depends on the respond. If this goes well then they'll make a sequel. If not, they make up an end like what they did with Claymore.

I'm 50-50 with most of the anime this season. I'm just waiting for Fractale to come out and possibly will just watch that one show

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...