02 October 2010

First Impression: Seitokai Yakuindomo

(c) tomo

It took this long for a first impression is because I was not really planning on watching this show at all but of course, Glo changed my mind. Now all I can think of while I'm at work is I have to watch the show, or at least check out the first episode of the show.

Without further ado, here we go. This show is produced by studios that I never heard of before: GoHands, Starchild Records and Dream Force. I'm not gonna bother and look them up on the internet either. So lets just leave it at that until I decide to compare this series with other anime from other studios.

The show started with Takatoshi Tsuda taking the train full of girls to school. Interestingly, this is the first time I've seen males holding both of their hands up while riding the crammed train so they won't be accused of molesting. Probably that's how they do it in Japan. The shows that I usually watch would have them raping the girls in matter of minutes. LOL

We met the other characters of the show after the OP, particularly the student council president, Shino Amakusa who is the female protagonist for this show. The first thought of her is her seiyuu is perfect for the character. The voice commands authority. Then there's Suzu is small in stature but always saying something that just highlighted her defect. Last but not least, we have Aria who looks and sounds like Inoue Orihime so I think it would take a lot more of her heavy jokes for me to like her. Since these female students deterred Takatoshi, they offered him a place in the student council as Vice President which also makes him Shino's boyfriend and so the adventure begins.

The only thing I didn't like about this episode so far is the OP. The ED however is pretty interesting so it kinda balance I guess.

Aight then, honestly, this episode is made of goodness. I love how everything turned into a sexual-oriented jokes. This was the reason why I decided to watch it in the first place so I shouldn't be surprised but I did. I'm looking forward to see the rest of the episodes.

Art & animation 7/10
Story 9/10
Character 7/10
Sound 7/10
Enjoyment 9/10
Overall 8/10

3 comments:

The ED for this was pretty good, I forgot to mention that in my review, while the Kaichou wa Maid Sama OP was one of the worst ever. No, I don't wanna keep your fucking secret. Got what an annoying song that was.

I have completed this show. I feel so accomplished now. I have lots of material to work on. Thank you Seitokai Yakuindomo for all the erotic jokes.

Kaicho wa Maid Sama is stupid with capital T.

Post a Comment

Do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...